• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Zuk

SQRLPWR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been doing some research for some DIY rocker protection, and I think I'm gonna blatantly rip-off the Shrockworks design, as it should be relatively simple to make out of some big-*** square tube.

...oh, and now I want to paint the Zuk orange!!

t_16143.jpg

d_112.jpg

d_113.jpg

d_114.jpg

img_7488.jpg

they bolt to the floor and body mount, not the frame - i guess at 2000lbs, there's not a lot of weight to support ;)

as for the orange - I'd like to orange bed-line the whole thing as it's already showing some salty rust on the panels and I barely drive the thing lol

d_118.jpg

d_342.jpg

Made me a pee shooter...

When I swapped the motor, the exhaust was something I botched together and never really sorted out....and it leaked right under the drivers seat.

So welded up all the holes in Chads extra long exhaust, and made the exit pipe extend outside of the cab.

Hopefully I won't get choked by exhaust fumes any more :)

DSC_7254.JPG

6 hours ago, jay said:

hmm so some Zuk folks are saying I need to put a 90 degree bend on it, otherwise the fumes will roll back into the cab

....back to the drawing board LOL

Research that a bit before being hasty....

Yeah I know, think twice, implement once....or something like that lol :)

I just finished re-doing it all over again. I had to shorten it up, made a couple of extra bends to help with clearance and added a 90 degree.

Obligatory photo coming tomorrow ;)

9 hours ago, jay said:

Yeah that's what I was told after I posted up the completed job LOL. Hopefully this will fix the problem as it's been pretty miserable with the hard top on. Luckily it's not a DD :)

I believe the factory exhaust on that exited just behind the driver wheel. 

My Scout with dual exhaust (behind rear wheels) and soft top pulled exhaust in the cab on the highway. Also a gap in tailgate.  I extended the pipes out from 'barely' out from the body if at all to 2-3 inches out and used duct tape on the tailgate, all fixed!

It's done. I'm not 100% happy with it as the pipe would be much better placed between the wheel and the bumper. Space is at a premium, and my tube bender makes a horrible mess of exhaust pipe, so maybe one day I'll get it done properly, but for now it's functional :)

....and I KNOW I'm gonna squash it on some rocks at some point LOL

DSC_7258.JPG

Made some drivers seat height adjustments to try and get the seat down so my eye level isn't at the top of the windshield frame.

I've got it a little better, but my seat back isn't as upright as I'd like, so we'll see. I'm hoping I'm not to GD tall for this little rig LOL :)

Also, the TBI is acting up LOL

It seems to idle nice and high when cold, but as soon as the water temp rises, the rpms drop below range, to a point of stalling. It seems to be better once it's up to temp....

I read they used thermo-wax device as the ECU controlled Idle Speed Control Solenoid Valve does not have sufficient range of control to manage cold engine conditions - and it's this that seems to be a common failure point.

The wax pellet expands too quickly, and cuts off the supply of extra air before things are warm enough not to need it.

I just need to get around to figuring out the fix....

Archived