• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Zuk

SQRLPWR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to at least try the Toy carb, and it was working fine for days. But on the last run it was running perfectly on the road to Renfrew, and I was super happy with it crawling around in Renfrew, but then 4 hours in it took a **** and started flooding out for no apparent reason.

TBI is re-installed and this time, I've chopped out all of the extra unnecessary wires out of the harness, deleted the Tracker starter switch and removed all of the extra sensor connectors that were not being used. 

I'm really happy with how it has turned out as it's running well and the wiring is very tidy too :)

No more messing with it now..... but I think I'm going to mount the ECU to the firewall....later.

IMG_0681.thumb.JPG.276dd41e96179275f4fdc2e5ac40796e.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

Had a little splurge and bought a Bestop Windjammer and Deck Duster. I'm waiting on a set of poppers from China, so I can't install the Desk Duster right now.

I'll also need to figure out what to do with the top straps. I'll probably add an external mount to the rear corner somewhere.

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

22 minutes ago, Jawritch said:

It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. Haha. 

Jeeps with the half cab/ truck conversion type things are '8s'. Like cj-8 and jk-8

I did not realize that either!  I've been S C H O O L E D as Jay says!

Zuk performed flawlessly on Bump & Grind yesterday, but with the doors off and/or a bumpy-*** trail, I discovered my Hyundai seats are comfortable, but I really really need some seats with better side support.... I feel a trip to Kenny's coming lol

FB_IMG_1493556247860.jpg

18 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Me too.  Never been there, need two sets of seats with headrests! (Anti-whiplash support!)  I'm getting the fever to check it out!

Removing the bench eh. Well there's tons of choice at Kenny's, and you can try before you buy too :-)

29 minutes ago, jay said:

Removing the bench eh. Well there's tons of choice at Kenny's, and you can try before you buy too :-)

Yup.  Removing the comfortable, (naturally upright), no-headrests, nothing to stop you from sliding sideways, bench from the Suburban, and the leaned-way-too-far-back, no-headrest, non-reclining buckets from the Scout.

Reclining (I hope) buckets with headrests for both!

Starting in two weeks.  Today I'm printing maps.  Next week is our big SaR Event.

Then 'me' time!

We've seen the 'burb at some pretty crazy angles....I can't imagine how you were hanging on in the cab with those seats.

Looking forward to seeing some of your me-time updates soon!

37 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Yup.  Removing the comfortable, (naturally upright), no-headrests, nothing to stop you from sliding sideways, bench from the Suburban, and the leaned-way-too-far-back, no-headrest, non-reclining buckets from the Scout.

Reclining (I hope) buckets with headrests for both!

Starting in two weeks.  Today I'm printing maps.  Next week is our big SaR Event.

Then 'me' time!

• 2 weeks later...

Started pulling the old smokey 1.6 8v engine out as it uses ALL of it's oil when out for the day.

Seems Chads motor has a larger flywheel and clutch plate, presumably because it had a Tracker transmission. So I had to swap them out so it would fit the Samurai transmission.

Also modified the alternator housing to accept bigger bolts to help with it moving on it's extended extended adjuster.

Of course I had to shear off a pressure plate bolt too LOL

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

Archived