• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Zuk

SQRLPWR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up.

From my understanding.....VSS measures vehicle rolling speed off the tach via a read sensor on the back of the speed dial. The computer uses speed to adjust the engine timing. If I have that correct, that sounds weird...surely timing adjustments should be load based. I guess it's a very basic system.

Dave and I have discussed this previously, and no, it wasn't used in the donor, and that was a daily driver without ant MPG or running issues.

I welcome any other ideas or thoughts on the matter :)

TBI project was on temporary hold due to burst water pipe and basement flood.

I'm gonna push to get it done now. I have antifreeze, and I just need to get it up to full temp and make sure I have all the vacuum hoses in the right location. Mount the pump properly. Then tidy up all the wires and make it good.

Got a lil' Christmas gift in the post from USPS :)

1990 Mercedes Benz 560SEL tie rod lever, aka Suzuki high steer mod :) I can't use it until I convert to SOA, so it's on my list ;)

http://fixbroke.tumblr.com/post/32875898375/new-steering-for-the-samurai

DSC_6942.JPG

Chad had 2 keys, 1 to run his Sami and the other to start/run the TBI engine. That wasn't going work for me. So I got the Tracker harness hooked up via a relay to the main Tracker power....now the Sami key powers up the Tracker harness - 1 key :)

Took the Zuk out for it's first proper run to coffee night - TBI works great, even with the center exhaust leak I can't hear it idle at the lights, and no more cutting out :)

I'd say power is down over the carb...but only a very small amount. Stability makes up for it tho :) - I'm a fan !

Justin kindly supplied me with some m12 1.25 thread bolts so I could start on the high steer.

Removed the tie rods and drag link off the donor since mine need replacing due to bends and probably a lil wear.

Will start on the swap tomorrow :)

I'm hoping the swap will help with bump steer and minor death wobble.

IMG_0057.JPG

I take it the drag link used to attach to the tie rod in a laying down 'Y' configuration?  And now it's parallel to the tie rod?

All the conversations I've ever read on steering geometry says that's the way to eliminate many steering problems!  Nicely done!

Archived