• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Zuk

SQRLPWR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't able to get a new flywheel, so for the sake of time, I swapped the better flywheel over, installed the clutch and pilot bearing.

New-to me-timing belt cover off Dave's Sidekick doesn't fit where the center bolt hole is mis-aligned....but I'll make it fit.

Should be able to throw the motor in soon :)

IMG_20160808_174426.jpg

So the fun continues....used my remote controlled winch to maneuver the rig under the motor.

Struggled a little bit with getting the clutch bearing over the fork pin...I got it on then lost light.

Getting there....slowly, :) but should come together quickly now. Just gotta patch the exhaust here and there before dropping the motor on it's mounts.

IMG_20160809_190920.jpg

Keep everyone else happy first!  It's the best long-term plan!  Otherwise you'll have lots of time but no space and no money,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't know how you find so much time for it, or, you are much faster at it than me!  Of course, your commute time to work makes a big difference.......

Once I get 'caught upon the house', I will do some stuff on my gear.

And yeah, getting 'caught upon the house' sometimes takes months and years, I know.  But it's long term planning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Deborah may have saved my life by helping me eat better just to start with.  That's long term planning too!

Carry on Jay! :biggthumpup:

Motor is in!! :)

Note to self - do not take anything for granted!!!

So this morning, in preparation for tomorrows motor install Zuki party, I was double checking the motor to trans bolts to make sure I had them all ready. One bolt from the other Zook, that hadn't been removed from the motor, which I was using for alignment, was too big! This was stopping the motor from being moved back towards the trans. Took the bolt off and BOOM! Motor in within 30 seconds :)

Now to connect everything and get her fired up :)

IMG_20160812_113506.jpg

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

That looks like an interesting set of adapters from the carb to the intake manifold.........

Good eye!! that there is a 'My-Side 1' adapter with a side-draft Harley Davidson Sreamin Eagle 44m carb attached :) The HD carb is meant to give no angular fuel starvation and better low down torque.

I had the choice; keep the fuel injection or the card ...I went with the card for simplicity and aftermarket support.

Inexperience and confusion is what happened to my motor install problems.....

The donor motor didn't have top bolts, and somehow one of the top bolts from the old motor got put in the wrong place on the donor.

I pulled the motor again and fitted everything as it should be :)

IMG_20160812_132018.jpg

8 minutes ago, jay said:

Inexperience and confusion is what happened to my motor install problems.....

The donor motor didn't have top bolts, and somehow one of the top bolts from the old motor got put in the wrong place on the donor.

I pulled the motor again and fitted everything as it should be :)

IMG_20160812_132018.jpg

Doesn't help that you sent dealing with just straight engine swap, but dealing with adaptors and special plate

Archived