• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Zuk

SQRLPWR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jay said:

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, jay said:

One of the snaps broke in my deck cover...it's a tight fit.

Bestop sent me a repair kit under warranty, that should keep me going for a while LOL

Ā 

20170920_201349.jpg

My Scout soft top is a really tight fit in one corner, unless it's 30 degrees C out. Ā I ended upĀ using two screws, I can't pull it over quite far enough to hookĀ properly.Ā  Two because I thought theyĀ might take the load better and reduce the chanceĀ the canvas might tear. The screw heads rusted a nice tan khaki/camouflage colour, just like the canvas! My hillbilly skills at work, but infinitelyĀ cheaper than a new top that may be hard to come by/buyĀ (pun intended)!

Ā 

Decided to tackle a few jobs in prep for it's mechanical safety test.

1st job, fix the fabrication error.

The Zuk didn't have any shocks or lower shock mounts when I got it, so I burned some mounts, but not thinking, I clocked them 90 degrees the wrong way, and the axle flex has destroyed the bushings.

I had some mounts ready to burn on, but I discovered shock space is millimeter tight on the tank side, so I had to make some 'spacers' to bring the mount outboard to clear the tank.

It kills me, but I might have to get some shorter shocks so they can clear the axle tube.

Ā 

20170923_124817.jpg

Understood, but it's just on the downpipe, so it won't have fuel sitting in it..I'm ok with the risk, and TBH I think that's what it has installed on in right now :)

What I might do is use as much metal pipe as I can, then just use it to connect it all together.

I tried to find one that was fuel pipe, and the right size, but most were too small to fit over the tank inlet on the Zuk in the yard.

Ā 

Bought a tcase rebuild kit off ebay that stated "BEARINGS - 5 ( MADE IN JAPAN )", only to wait 5 weeks and have 4x "India" bearings arrive.

Needle bearings & seals were OEM Maruti , and the BIG bearing is a Koyo.

Sneaky seller changed the wording on the ebay listing and removed the 'Made in Japan' part......but luckily I printed a copy :cool:

Ā 

So.....run the India bearings, or go through the hassle and wait of shipping it all back ?

Ā 

20171003_174935.jpg

My opinion stop buying discount crap from ebay buy quality product from reputable company once and call it done . Don't get me wrong I purchase certain thingsĀ from ebay but you take your chances . I usually do alot of research and still try to buy known good name products even on ebay . You have had nothing but trouble with your t case why add to that by putting cheap bearings in

Archived