• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New dd

82Yota

5 minutes ago, jay said:

Good to hear! Although a shitty time of year to have an accident.

Yep, and it our shared daily driver right now. Jay, that power wagon going real cheap now, $1500. You would look great behind the wheel of that old skool iron

2 hours ago, Powerram said:

We thinking not, didn't find one in the pile that matched your length with a steady bearing

8 hours ago, 82Yota said:

Any word? I ordered a new yoke from parts for trucks but would rather just swap out the entire shaft. Sorry to bug.

Also I found one on kijiji but guys wants $200...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-transmission-drive-train/bedford/drives-shafts-for-ford-ranger-f-150/1175832232?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

41 minutes ago, Powerram said:

Same guy I talked too. $200 because it a 2 piece... No thanks

Trying to find a 1 piece to do the 1 piece swap from a 98+ Ranger

2 hours ago, Powerram said:

Yep, and it our shared daily driver right now. Jay, that power wagon going real cheap now, $1500. You would look great behind the wheel of that old skool iron

That's a cool old truck and as much as I would love to buy it, there's no way I want to be single !

• 5 weeks later...

Got annoyed trying to find a driveshaft for the Ranger. Anyone wanna buy a Ford that comes with a bunch of parts and still technically safetied till March? I've been eyeballing a different rig so kind of wanna sell it soonish

• 3 weeks later...

They are all sagas one way or another!  My Sub was found sitting in a backyard. Flat tires, battery so dead the polarity was reversed.  Rear brake line rusted through.

Put in a battery and fuel, drove it to nearby garage and filled with fuel and air, crossed my fingers and drove from Moncton to Halifax.  Took 5 years to get it on the road!

1 hour ago, Powerram said:

That's a pretty good looking truck, parts will probably be easier to find than the ranger. 

Yeah we stock most of it at work. So far I'm into it for brake rotors and pads and a wheel hub but I still need parking brake cables and a rear axle seal.

I had to pillage some parts off of my old Silverado that's retired down at the farm to get my wipers going.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cab corners and rockers are done. Gotta touch up a few little spots here and there but body is mostly done. 

Had to replace the rear calipers on the weekend too. 

Paid a visit to The Tire man today and got a good deal on some Antare deep diggers

20171008_110412.jpg

20171025_131837.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived