• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New dd

82Yota

Me and my buddy had those trucks in high school same color but ours  were two wheel drive. My buddies was the twin to yours and mine was a little bit newer regular cab long box with a 3 liter 5 speed those old 2.9 will take a horrible pounding and ask for more here is a picture of mine when I was 16IMG_20160120_162035912.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter all done. Kind of a ***** to change the cap but whatever. Still gotta do my valve cover gasket and an oil change but that can wait till next weekend.

9 hours ago, 82Yota said:

Plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter all done. Kind of a ***** to change the cap but whatever. Still gotta do my valve cover gasket and an oil change but that can wait till next weekend.

Ya didn't break the two. 7/32" screws?

Something else common on those trucks is the grease between the back of the ignition module and dist dries up and the ignition module gets hot spots and burns out. The grease acts as a heat sink to cool the module. Grease you would use on your brakes works well and doesn't run off with a bit of heat 

43 minutes ago, Powerram said:

Something else common on those trucks is the grease between the back of the ignition module and dist dries up and the ignition module gets hot spots and burns out. The grease acts as a heat sink to cool the module. Grease you would use on your brakes works well and doesn't run off with a bit of heat 

Yep, I went through a few of them in my old Bronco II before I found out about the grease being needed. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New passenger side door from kennys today, I was looking for a driveshaft but considering they lift all the vehicles with a forklift all the ones I looked at were dented and a mess. So I now have a front wheel drive ranger... Not a fan

7 hours ago, 82Yota said:

New passenger side door from kennys today, I was looking for a driveshaft but considering they lift all the vehicles with a forklift all the ones I looked at were dented and a mess. So I now have a front wheel drive ranger... Not a fan

My buddie has bout 10-15 rangers junked , what measurement do ya need yolk to yolk, is it a 2 piece shaft in that?

3 hours ago, Powerram said:

My buddie has bout 10-15 rangers junked , what measurement do ya need yolk to yolk, is it a 2 piece shaft in that?

Yeah its the 2 piece with the steady bearing for the v6 5 speed 4x4 extended cab. I dont know the size right at the moment as I am just about to head to work but I will measure it tonight when I get home.  Thanks man I am in a pinch

On 05/12/2016 at 3:04 AM, Powerram said:

I got sidetracked and forgot to give you the driveshaft measurement .  62 3/4" from flange to flange (diff to trans)

On 07/12/2016 at 6:47 PM, Powerram said:

OK, I'll pass that along, 

Any word? I ordered a new yoke from parts for trucks but would rather just swap out the entire shaft. Sorry to bug.

Also I found one on kijiji but guys wants $200...

5 hours ago, 82Yota said:

Any word? I ordered a new yoke from parts for trucks but would rather just swap out the entire shaft. Sorry to bug.

We thinking not, didn't find one in the pile that matched your length with a steady bearing

Just now, Powerram said:
5 hours ago, 82Yota said:

I haven't forgot bout ya tho, today was a crazy day, end result is we down a daily driver cus I wrapped it around a tree trying to avoid a collision 

1 hour ago, Powerram said:

I haven't forgot bout ya tho, today was a crazy day, end result is we down a daily driver cus I wrapped it around a tree trying to avoid a collision 

Holy crap! Sorry man! I hope everyone is ok

Archived