• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

M.U.D. Run 2016 Decal

SQRLPWR

M.U.D. Run decal poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which decal do you want on your rig

• v0
    • V1.0
    • V1.1
    • V1.2
    • V1.3
    • V1.4
    • V1.5
    • V1.6
    • V1
    • V1.7
    • V1.8
    • v1.9
    • v1.10
    • v1.11
    • v1.12
    • v1.13

Got the svg and ttf, no problem.  I still have the same comment, where the upper picture part of v10 has garish, poor resolution, low number of colours, of the xTerra and the TJ and the lake and the hill.  Like a pixelated image. At least on my screen

In the picture part of v14, the merged photos, it has a high resolution, high number of colours.  Like a good picture.

I don't mind if this is what we intend, I'm just asking if it was designed this way.  If the xTerra and TJ were high res, and printed small 3"x3', the higher res may not work well.

Actually, between key strokes, I zoomed the png to be about 3" x 3" and it looked not bad at all............

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooohh I didn't get that - I see what u mean now :)

The 'photo' portion of the logo is meant to be like that because the image was converted to vector based on colour, which reduces the colour count based on what I chose - which was 8 colours. I did that mainly to obfuscate James' license plate. I've done that on the full colour version too.

I have included v1.10.1 which is v1.10 but also includes the original photo image, if that's what you prefer.

MUD V1.10.1 source.svg

v1.10.1.png

Update:  We can print any shape, the preferred 'shield' is a go!

'Regular' size decals will be $5.00  I am just recovering costs.  Any shortfall gets made up by me, unless the club reimburses me, any 'profit' goes to the club.  I'm not doing this to make money.

I'm printing 12 to start.  More can be printed if we use the first 12 up!

I'm having two of a larger size printed for me.  One for each door. :-)  Cost will be $15.00 each.  If anyone else wants something similar, they will have to be pre-paid to me.

Jay:  I'll send you a separate note, we had some trouble with the .eps and .svg files, I'll tell you what I need.

5 minutes ago, jay said:

Awesome, thanks Eugene!!

um, if all profits go to the club, then any losses should also be paid for by the club......Toms call, but only fair I think.

@TomWood

Thanks for the thought.  Is it a Club event?  It was designed by club members. Does it include decals or did I take that on without permission?  I'm not too hurt either way, lol. 

I'm here for the fun!  No energy for grief.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I want to see Jay's rig there!

I plan on putting transmission fluid in mine (leaks prolifically), and the second battery, but no mods until later.  We're still working on house stuff.  We're finishing emptying Deb's big storage locker that she's had for 10 years, and a big yard sale organized for this weekend.  (No automotive stuff in it, just redundant household stuff!)

Her storage locker included 88 lumber 2x4s, 4 exterior house doors (some pre-hung in frames, and mostly sold on Kijiji), a stainless steel kitchen sink, dozens and dozens of milk crates of art and pottery, several brand new life inflatable jackets, and on and on and on.

• 2 weeks later...

K.  You folks may fire me, I had them made at 3" x 3", but I think I should have made them a bit bigger! lol Next year I might remember.  But it also depends on the height - width ratio.  2016 is square height to width, 2014 was double width to height.

Then again, only so much real estate for decals on the Zuk,,,, lol

Archived