• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

The Range Status

Tonicsupersonic

Hi all,

Does anyone know the status of the use of this land for off-road use? Last I heard, it was off limits, but I saw some pictures posted on here of some runs back in the Fall. I drove past the gate on the 102 last weekend, and there were a 8-10 vehicles parked on the side of the road. The gate was also open. I have since driven by, and the gate is still wide open.

On the same subject, does anyone know about accessing the trails via Sandy Lake (Bedford Lions) off Smith Rd? I noticed there's a trail that heads off the gravel driveway, and into the direction of the Range lands.

Just curious - been scratching my head on those for the last while. 

Range is sketchy. Always has been. Every now and then DoD gets their hair up about people being back there, and people have definitely had their rig towed by military police.

I went through there on a solo run Thursday night and there is a burned cherokee in the front pit, and a couple burned out rigs in the back pit. With that **** going on I would expect another crack down very soon.

8 hours ago, Tonicsupersonic said:

I always understood it to be sketchy. It seemed odd that the gate was left open for the last while... it's very inviting of the DoD.

DoD has no jurisdiction to say anything up there, unless you cross the fence... but I know more than one person who has been hassled by DNR up there... I would stay away from the Sandy Lake end of things for sure though...

Just because people still go wheeling there with their quads, trucks and dirt bikes doesn't mean you're allowed... 

Archived