• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

May 21st Club Run - Bump & Grind

SQRLPWR

No surprise this months club run will be Bump & Grind

There's a possibility I might be able to make this one, so here are the details;

MEETING

09:00

Tims Bayer's Lake opposite Halifax Chrysler

DEPARTURE

From Tims @ 10:00am sharp

PREREQUISITES

Have enough fuel, food and water for the whole day.
All vehicles should have proper front and rear recovery points. Rigs without will be turned away.
Be sure to review the 'Trail Rating Guide', 'Trail Risk Matrix' & 'Basic Requirements' before deciding if the trail is for you and your rig.

TRAIL INFO

LOCATION - Beechville, Halifax

RATING GUIDE -

1st section of the trail 3.5 (Rugged Trail)

Last section of the trail 4.0 (Challenging Trail)

APPROX TOTAL TIME : This can take all day. Plan for a full, fun packed day!

FULL SIZE DO-ABLE - YES

BASIC REQUIREMENTS - https://www.backcoun...ent-guidelines/

TRAIL NOTES

It's called Bump & Grind for a reason, and is a personal favorite of many Backcountry members.

The trail is in 2 sections; a regular trail with a mix of mud, bush, hill climbs, side trails and giant rocks for crawling on, followed by a challenging rocky section with plenty of opportunity to Bump & Grind ;-)

For folks who don't want to tackle the last rocky section, there is a place to park and hop in with somebody else.

There is no trail exit - we turn around at the end of the trail and run back the trail back to the entrance.

IMPORTANT INFO

We have to traverse a maintained walking/cycle path in order to access the trail head.

To help avoid damage, complaints against the club and ultimately trail access closure, please tread lightly and respect the integrity of the entrance and the walking path.

Everyone is to air down and prepare at the Tim Horton's as we are NOT stopping at the trail entrance to avoid drawing any adverse attention.

SEASONAL INFO

It's tick season, so be prepared to come with tick repellent and protection like deet and proper clothing to protect yourself.

MORE INFO

harry%20the%20hiker.png

Trail Risk Matrix v1.2.png

I'm actually hoping to come out and play.  But I won't know till the last minute.  Busy with a different set of 'family' priorities than those that kept me busy the past summer.

But by mid-summer should be all settled into a house with a biggish driveway and a biggish garage so that I can work MUCH more efficiently on my rolling stock...........

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 'allowed' to come if I get the priority house To-Do list done first.  And I worked hard on that this weekend!  And almost finished the priority list.  Because no Honey Do list is ever done!

lol I don't really need permission, do I? Lol

I'm not bringing my topless Scout!  I'm bringing the Bump and Grind Burb!  lol

I haven't been on this trail since 2006(?) Go Anywhere Challenge when the trail was different, and we'll leave it at that.  It's been discussed before.

Archived