• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

TICKS

Powerram

This is not early for Tics!  I stay away from Ellershouse trail until at least August..........  The last time we ran it in June, I had a couple dozen on each pant leg.
Stripped ALL of my clothes and footwear, socks, EVERYTHING off, and shook them out before I got back in the truck.  The next day, found two more..........

Anyone who lives in a place that you can have free range birds I'd suggest getting guinea hens. They hunt ticks and cut down the population quite a bit.

Last summer I think that I removed maybe 30 from me when I was living in Bridgewater and countless from the dog and cats.

1 hour ago, dereku said:

I'm just reading this now, but I found one crawling on my arm in Renfrew on Saturday.

The ticks are THICK in Renfrew!!  We were in there on a run last year and I remember between the 3 of us in my rig we must have flicked a dozen or more of them off of us.

12 hours ago, jay said:

I seem to remember you counted 20+ on you on one run...might have been Renfrew

Yep !!! I think the count was approx. 32.. some may have been the same as a couple of the first ones I may of freaked out a little and flicked them off of me.. and not out the window.:1002:

Archived