• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Twisted Sister?

derekmac

I see that the NSJC is running a trail called "Twisted Sister" for their club run this month.  I don't think I've ever run this, or recall any mention of it in this club.  Anyone know if we've run it, and just call it a different name?

Undefeated... Hmmmm , interesting.

I like stuff that is said to be impassable or undefeated. Something else I'm interested is what you call the "curse" once the Ford is up and running ID like to have a look at that.

53 minutes ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Me and Tom are planning to try out The Curse this summer.   I just need a proper lift kit so my axles aren't all drooped out just sitting level. Lol plan is get that in June sometime. Bring a couple spare axles and give it a shot. 

Just pull the trigger and SAS it haha.you won't be disappointed. 

But wait, don't do that, then what will I do with all my heavy duty ifs front diff.

13 minutes ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

I'm not going to lie. My main reason for building it IFS is because everyone is telling me not too.  Lol. 

I have to try to prove them wrong. Lol

Right on

Check out King of the Hammers.  Mega Bucks.  And IFS only had a win/place/show once I believe.  All other winners were solid axle.

Don't get me wrong. I think IFS can be built and run well.  But I agree with Matt, once you SAS you won't be disappointed.

And don't get me wrong, I've gone against the grain because folks told me not to.

And eventually I did do what they said.

And if I had to do it all over again, I'd take the same wayward path first again I'm sure!

Because, I still am taking the wrong path!  I'm just totally re-building my steering right now but I really need to wait and convert to Cross-over / High Steer but I don't have the time between now and my next event the first weekend in May!  So, I will pay twice.  Just like when I was running GM 10-Bolt rear axles (think Dana 44 strength).  After fixing it twice I went GM 14-Bolt (think Dana 60 /70). 

I did do it almost the right way for the front axle.  The second time it needed an overhaul I parked it and built the 60 and slung it under.

Been there, done that, and now it's your turn!   :biggthumpup:

5 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Me and Tom are planning to try out The Curse this summer.   I just need a proper lift kit so my axles aren't all drooped out just sitting level. Lol plan is get that in June sometime. Bring a couple spare axles and give it a shot. 

Let me know when :)

Lol we will be sure to post it up.   

And I know Matt and JJ ( and most you guys) know this.  But it will be a day that basically embodies the no whining rule. Lol

People are more then welcome to come out with their rigs or walk if they like ( apparently it's that slow moving of a trail)

3 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Lol we will be sure to post it up.   

And I know Matt and JJ ( and most you guys) know this.  But it will be a day that basically embodies the no whining rule. Lol

People are more then welcome to come out with their rigs or walk if they like ( apparently it's that slow moving of a trail)

Haha, No whining, that's right!! Would probably benefit to have extra people around for spotting rigs, pulling cables, helping with repairs if it is as bad as everyone say it is

i would invest in a lot of armor for your RAM before hitting the curse. No flex and full body don't quite add to make it an easy trail. I don't wish carnage to anyone, but you will destroy something expensive on your truck if you try taking it through there

That's why I'm not doing it until I get a proper lift kit.   Will flex well, extra clearance and I'm hoping to have sliders installed by then. And if not the slider install will involve cutting out the rockers anyway so I don't really care if they get beat up.  

17 hours ago, TomWood said:

Have you been through yet Jon?

Through the entrance only. Obviously an IFS vehicle wouldn't make it there unless you had a long travel kit or something like that. I give zero f*$ks about my truck. Everyone who wheeled with me knows that. And I still wouldn't try it.

Good luck with that Matt. You'll need it. 

Then I would suggest reserving judgement, I have been through it in an XJ on 33s and with spotting everything was fine. Matt with his larger tires and a locked front with the proper lift will make it through without serious damage if any. Axles snapping will probably happen but we will be prepared for that and ready to change it on the trail.

Archived