• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Exploring this saturday

e36m3

I wanna go clear the trail leading to lake no good Saturday morning. Its on the other side of Rocky Myra from the porters lake end. There's a good hillclimb I wanted to go play on as well. 

Me and Eugene spoke about that spot previously and it would make a good camp spot for future MUD runs or overland trips.

I'm looking for one or 2 trucks to come with me. There's a big mud hole at the trail end and I almost got stuck once in it but myself and several crossings. I'll bring my chainsaw and need helpers. Beers are on me after we're done.

I can't come along this weekend, but you might see some SAR folks in the area, preparing for our annual May event.  We are using the Lake No Good area as well as other areas.

There are some trails I want to clear on the right side of West Brook, (looking upstream), including a hill climb.  There are a few major windfalls to clear, but very little alders.

Sometime!

I went by myself today and found lots of good stuff. I discovered 3 really nice and long hillclimb that would require some deadfall clearing but they would be really sick.  Those trails don't get explored as much as Rocky Myra and they are almost never ending. Just real tight. 

6 hours ago, e36m3 said:

I went by myself today and found lots of good stuff. I discovered 3 really nice and long hillclimb that would require some deadfall clearing but they would be really sick.  Those trails don't get explored as much as Rocky Myra and they are almost never ending. Just real tight. 

But tight is where the fun starts... ;) !

It would be worth the effort to clear them out. We could run all 3 hillclimb pretty much in a row. One of them has washouts like big Jones but a lot longer, with real muddy spots. One of them is steep as hell and require lots of skinny pedal use. The last just never ends lol. 

And then the trail loops into real Rocky section, and you can choose a million different trails to come home

I have the trails Jon is talking about.  We mapped them over the last two years for our SAR event.  I've mentioned once before that I had hoped to clear the windfalls last summer but my summer became one looking after family.  Any help we can give Jon clearing those trails will be fun and worthwhile in my opinion, making more trails to run and play on.

And the lunch / camping spot at the west end of the West Brook gully at the two bridges is a wonderful spot.  And there is another loop there than can be done. Jon: I'll send you a gpx file of the routes to verify.............

Sounds good,  thanks! 

Like Eugene said though, it would make an awesome run if people joined me to clear those 3 climbs. Then there's also hardwood hills not too far. I know of another hill climb in mineville and 2 more in porters lake :)

Archived