• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

April 16th 2016 Club Run Vote

SQRLPWR

April 16th 2016 Club Run Vote  

13 members have voted

1. 1. April 16th 2016 Club Run Vote

• Big Jones (Ellershouse) - Rated 3.5
    • Bump & Grind (Halifax) - Rated 3.5
    • Clear Cut (Greenwood) - Rated 3.0
    • Deep Mountain Lake (Panuke Lake Area) - Rated 1.0
    • Deep Mountain Lake to Five Mile Lake (Panuke Lake Area) - Rated 3.0 to 5.0
    • Ellershouse - Rated 3.5
    • Five Mile Lake to Ellershouse - Rated 3.0 to 5.0
    • Half Moon (Greenwood) - Rated 3.0
    • Hilden (Only with Rob's guidance approval) - Rated 3.5
    • International (Greenwood) - Rated 3.0
    • Muddy Myra North (Pipeline) - Rated 2.5
    • Muddy Myra South (Porters Lake) - Rated 2.5
    • New Minas Powerlines to Grey Mountain (New Minas) - Rated 2.0
    • Paws Fur Thought (Renfrew) - Rated 2.0 to 3.0
    • Renfrew Loop - Rated 3.5
    • Renfrew Paddock - Rated 3.0
    • Rocky Myra North (Pipeline) - Rated 3.0
    • TJ's (Middle Sackville) - Rated 3.0
    • The Pipeline - Rated 2.0

This poll is closed to new votes

• The poll will run for 10 days, where members and non-members can select a trail of choice from the list
  • In the event of no outright winner, the poll will continue to run for 5 more days
  • In the event of no outright winner after 15 days, then a random club member who voted in the poll will be selected to choose a trail
  • The exec will be asking for a volunteer from voted club members to act as a trail guide/lead using the respective GPS map
  • Once the trail has been decided, the trail details will be posted in the 'Trail Rides / Events' section using the template from the 'Trail Information' section

Trail Rides / Events

https://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/forum/8-trail-rides-events/

Trail Information (members only)

https://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/forum/46-trail-information/

We already have a few event dates pre-booked like the Summer Event, so for these months there will be no official club run.

I'm hoping with everyone's co-operation we can get the monthly trail runs to a point where there are no gaps in the calendar.

Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Current 2016 Dates

• January 16th - No run
  • February 20th - TJs
  • March 19th - VOTE - winner was Big Jones
  • April 16th - Renfrew Loop
  • May 21st - Bump & Grind
  • June 18th - Hilden (confirmed)
  • July ? - TBA - Ledwidge Rally / Summer Event / MUD Run
  • August ? - TBA - Ledwidge Rally / Summer Event / MUD Run
  • September ? - TBA - Ledwidge Rally / Summer Event / MUD Run
  • October 15th - VOTE
  • November 19th - VOTE
  • December 10th - VOTE

3 minutes ago, e36m3 said:

I'm going to a Toyota only run around Truro that day. If I wasn't going, I would choose deep mountain lake to 5 mile lake. That's what we ran this summer right?

There's Jeep only runs and now Toyota only run!  

I'm going to start a Dodge only run.  It'll be just me and JJ.  And maybe Matt.  

Yes, Deep Mountain Lake to 5 mile lake was Saturday, M.U.D. 2015.  A long stretch where the alders want to pinstripe your rig, then a wonderfully technical section.........

However, what do you do when you get to 5 mile Lake?  Drive a really good logging road back to the 103, or there are 2 known technical sections to get to the 101.  But they could be a day's run by themselves...

We spent 3 days in Bowater during M.U.D. 2015........ 3 wonderfully technical sections, we did another technical section in Bowater during M.U.D. 2014, and there are still more trails to check..........

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

We spent 3 days in Bowater during M.U.D. 2015........ 3 wonderfully technical sections, we did another technical section in Bowater during M.U.D. 2014, and there are still more trails to check..........

Tons more... Shaun from NSjC has been through a bunch, and couldn't find them again, lol! (He didn't map them on a GPS or anything...)...

4 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

There's Jeep only runs and now Toyota only run!  

I'm going to start a Dodge only run.  It'll be just me and JJ.  And maybe Matt.  

I also organized a yota only run last year with a pretty good turn out . 6 rigs and we ran pipeline, Rocky Myra and then Alps in porters lake. Lots of ground covered and barely any breaks for chit chat, my kind of run :)

• 2 weeks later...

I tossed in Renfrew Loop, just so I could see the results.  However I probably won't make this run, it is only a few weekends before my big SAR event.  And I will have field work to do, and maps to draw, and vehicles to prepare!  But if I do come, Renfrew is good because I shouldn't break anything or take too long.

Archived