• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Would there be any interest in a swap meet?

82Yota

I may be able to get access to a slice of land for a day or two just down on the Lahave river out towards New Germany where people could set up tables and sell their spare junk or look for stuff they need/want. 4x4 gear, camping, fishing etc etc. We could possibly set up a BBQ and sell hotdogs/burgers. Maybe prizes for the nicest rigs that show up.

I would have to talk to the land owners well in advance ofcourse but if it works out it could actually be kind of fun. I am sure they would want to be compensated for use of their land so would have to charge a small fee for sellers.

Anyone?

My musings.

I used to really enjoy the big car show and swap meet held in Debert years back.  Now it's held in Truro and it seems much smaller to me and not the kind of parts I'm looking for.

The parts I'm looking for I have set up as alerts in Kijiji.

Although I'd make a day trip with the gf driving the Scout to such a swap.  And she'd want to stop at Frenchy's.

I'd love to see a parts swap, but along with a big Jamboree.  Like a day of trails, a day of mud drags/slalom, a day of show and shine, and a swap meet.  A 4 day event.

Maybe someday when I'm not involved in the Eco-Endurance Challenge I'll take up a new challenge and try to organize such a Jamboree.

Maybe M.U.D. will build up to such a meet.

Or is there already one, called Atlantic Street Car Nationals?

But actually, I don't know if there is enough interest, would some off our club members drive 1-3 hours to such an event?

Maybe I've had too much wine.......

I dunno, it was just a thought. I figured there would be interest in it esp if it was promoted via facebook (something I cant do personally because I dont use it) but also through kijiji and NSJC. If there was enough people wanting to partake I could take to some vendors and see if they too would want to set up booths and maybe hand out schwag etc.

While I agree mud drags would be ok (not a big mud fan myself, Id rather play on the rocks personally) the place I had in mind wouldnt work for something like that because its a former campground and still family used.

Car swap meets are cool and all but something like this you may be able to find real gems that folks have laying around not knowing where or how to get rid of things. 

8 hours ago, 82Yota said:

I dunno, it was just a thought. I figured there would be interest in it esp if it was promoted via facebook (something I cant do personally because I dont use it) but also through kijiji and NSJC. If there was enough people wanting to partake I could take to some vendors and see if they too would want to set up booths and maybe hand out schwag etc.

While I agree mud drags would be ok (not a big mud fan myself, Id rather play on the rocks personally) the place I had in mind wouldnt work for something like that because its a former campground and still family used.

Car swap meets are cool and all but something like this you may be able to find real gems that folks have laying around not knowing where or how to get rid of things. 

I just give all the stuff I have laying around I don't know what to do with to you haha

Archived