• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Rumour: Jeep "Trailcat" - 707 HP Wrangler

autumnwalker

25 minutes ago, 82Yota said:

Do the Jeep designers and engineers do a lot of drugs or something? It really seems like they are losing focus on what a Jeep is

No... Wrangler Owners have been crying for a Hemi and diesel factory options for years... With the diesel option coming some year soon, why not take the Hemi option to the extreme :cool: ... 

I guess so but I have a feeling that the diesel option is only going to be a limited run. With California being a big slice of the 'Murican market, I really cant see them getting too much of a foothold there.

Who knows, maybe next they will add a AWD system to a neon body and call it a eagle. 

Uhm...yeah...can't find the words. You guys break enough driveline parts as it is. Why not throw 500-700 HP at it, or 450-600 of torque?

I've seen Zuks pass terrain that Jeeps can't. HP and, or, TQ is not the only answer.

Honestly if they put the 707HP Hellcat V8 in the Jeep odds are they are beefing the axles to hold. Would be sweet to see this put in production in limited supply, as you wont have to downshift to fourth to get up hills on the highway.

I wouldn't get too excited over it. It's a rig you'll see at SEMA and that's it. Hemis and LS swaps have been done before. Same mounts and all, just a more expensive supercharged engine.

10 hours ago, e36m3 said:

I wouldn't get too excited over it. It's a rig you'll see at SEMA and that's it. Hemis and LS swaps have been done before. Same mounts and all, just a more expensive supercharged engine.

Nope ... this is being built for Moab and will be wheeled there during the Easter Jeep Safari.

I take it a lot of you guys have not seen what Mopar has built year after year for the EJS ... they make some WILD, fully functional rigs.

Yeah the Jeep brand prototypes/concepts built for EJS are wonderful, and something not too wild to be put into production!  Myself and my brother subscribe to 4 4x4 magazines.  I get to read some things 4 times!

That kind of torque, in 4:1 Rubicon style T:Case low range, locked front axle, up against some rock with lots of traction, and BAM!  Takes some serious front axle U-Joints to handle that!

Archived