• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

March 19th 2016 Club Run - Big Jones

SQRLPWR

We will be running the Big Jones trail near Ellershouse.

MEETING
09:00am - Tim Hortons, Middle Sackville - 1624 Sackville Drive, Middle Sackville, NS B4E 3A8

DEPARTURE
From Tims @ 10:00am sharp

We'll be meeting up with anyone who wants to join us, at the carpool parking lot by the highway 101 (Exit 4) (Rocks Rd, West Hants, NS B0N)

PREREQUISITES

Have enough fuel, food and water for the whole day.
All vehicles should have proper front and rear recovery points. Rigs without will be turned away.
Be sure to review the 'Rating Guide', 'Trail Risk Matrix' & 'Basic Requirements' pages below before deciding if the trail is for you and your rig.

TRAIL INFO

LOCATION - Near St.Croix

RATING GUIDE - 3.5 (Rugged Trail)

LAND ACCESS - private, PUBLIC, wilderness, restricted, water crossing, bridge

FULL SIZE DO-ABLE - YES, no

BASIC REQUIREMENTS - https://www.backcoun...ent-guidelines/

NOTES

Local 'Holy Grail' trail with a long uphill off-camber washout section
The hill is full-size friendly, but the SW exit just barely!

56c2134ed1288_TrailRiskMatrixv1.2.png.7f

1 hour ago, Eastcoastcam said:

I will dig them out of the crate. Maybe there will even be bolts for them... But that I can't promise...

Thanks James!!  The bar the lights are mounted on has the bolts in it, but....  I went to loosen them up to be prepared for getting the hooks, and one of the welded nuts on the drivers side broke free in the frame.  It was the one that you can get to, thankfully.  I might have to get a grade 8 bolt and nut for it.  The front one started to loosen up though, but I didn't try the passenger side.  I might try and remove the bar tonight, and drill new holes for the lights in the bumper.

1 minute ago, sar4x4 said:

Long drive from Dartmouth!  Long drive from anywhere except Windsor area!  Even then, the water level changes quick.  Water runs out of NS in three days.

I'm in the windsor area but I don't know where it is. I can check it if someone gives directions

Thanks Tom! 

One time I took my buddy with his Tacoma out In Renfrew and then the power line and the crossing was up toy headlights. His Tacoma has 31s and just spacers up front. I was nervous so I can't imagine him. I don't wish on anyone to hydrolock an engine 

That's too bad would like to see the Ford in action. 

I should be out but I do have to replace a Trac bar joint. Develop a little death wobble last time out.

I will be exploring a off road route either to the trail head or on my way back into town.  (as much as possible)

Pavement sucks!

9 hours ago, ram5.9 said:

That's too bad would like to see the Ford in action. 

I should be out but I do have to replace a Trac bar joint. Develop a little death wobble last time out.

I will be exploring a off road route either to the trail head or on my way back into town.  (as much as possible)

Pavement sucks!

Yep, engine swap day was Thursday but I got tied up with other obligations and never touched the ford.So now engine swap day is Saturday. 

Sounds good. I'm on way to a hockey tournament and will be returning tomorrow little past supper. Then out to the garage to install the new Trac bar heim and I should be ready to go. 

Once Tom changes my permissions, I will look at the trail to see what we can hit on the way back into town. I'm open for suggestions. 

Archived