• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

My Phantom 3 thread.

derekmac

So since my wife bought me my small camera done for Christmas, I've been researching some of the higher end ones.  I'd love to be able to capture some cool wheeling footage that really hasn't been done before, at least not around here.  I know I haven't seen too many ariel wheeling vids, and think it would be super cool!  Since I'm really into photography, I think this could really add a cool element to what I can do and capture.

I'm looking at the DJI Phantom 3 Standard.  It's the lower end of the Phantom 3 series, but is still really good.  http://store.drdrone.ca/products/phantom-3-standard 

Derek, the Search and Rescue group holds a big fund raiser in the woods, May 7/8.  We've been considering asking someone to capture the start on aerial vid.  I said I might know someone.  As for location, Ledwidge/Muddy Myra at the old sawdust pit.  Not too far for you............

The 7th would be ideal.  The start of the event is the big throng of people.  The end of the event on Sunday is dribs and drags, although a shot of some of the last minute runners is neat.

Saturday: 10 am - 200+ folks (8 hour event) running off into the woods.

Saturday: 11 am - Mountain Bikes - only time before was 12 years ago - I'd guess-timate 10-20 bikes.

Saturday: 12 am - 200+ folks (24 hour event) running off into the woods.

You would want to show up by 9 am latest, it becomes a bit busy on the road in!

And oh, it's generally a good road, but we recommend you don't come with a 'low-clearance vehicle', do you think you'll need a ride in? lol

I tested the Autopilot apps follow me mode here for the first time.  It worked well, and the jerky pans were me, not the app.  I couldn't see the Jeep in the screen because my glasses had tinted.  Near the end, I hit a joystick and changed the mode for the drone, which is why it stopped following me.

Archived