• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

It had a really great garage

sar4x4

Deb and I looked at a house last night.  It basically had a great urban garage.  But the house was missing a couple of things she needed. (She actually first spotted the house /garage combo though!)

We're looking...........  it would be nice to not lose an hour traversing to and from my brother's garage.  But I would spend that time in doing reno's/upgrades/repairs I know!

7 Shaw.png

I stand corrected!  It had a great garage, but not perfect!  With running water would be a shower, of course.  A perfect garage would also have a separate paint booth, sanding booth, and compressor closet.   Oh dear, getting carried away!

36 minutes ago, 82Yota said:

Perfect garage has a hoist, wood stove, running water and is wired for 3 phase haha

well , I have the hoist , wood stove and running water on one side when it rains , 220 wiring for the hoist and welder but only one at a time . could be 10 feet longer and 20 feet wider ,almost perfect :cool: 

I only say 3 phase cause I want a iron worker and a shear and maybe a lathe and mill some day. I was looking into phase converters but I was almost instantly confused because I am borderline retarded when it comes to most things electricial

2 hours ago, 82Yota said:

I only say 3 phase cause I want a iron worker and a shear and maybe a lathe and mill some day. I was looking into phase converters but I was almost instantly confused because I am borderline retarded when it comes to most things electricial

That's why I will merely run the wires & connect the plugs/switches, but when it comes time to tie something into the panel, I'll hand that out to an electrician... 

I did get a great compliment on my wiring job for my basement when i finished it in my old Aidrie condo... not a thing that had to be corrected, just install a couple breakers and tie in my circuits, and sign off on my permit. I had almost had the basement completely finished (with no permit...) and then we decided to put it up for sale to move back here. in order to sell it with the work all done, I had to get a permit and final inspection from the city. That took some finagling to acheive with it fully framed, wired, drywalled, taped, trimmed, painted...all ready for flooring! Since this was all done, they wouldn't allow the electrical permit to go with my "homeowner permit". I had to have a red seal master electrician, with an Airdie business license inspect it and basically put his name on it, assuming the deficiencies and responsibility. The lack of an Aidrie business license excluded my wife's cousin and another friend of mine. After a couple calls, a local guy sent out his journeyman to take a look. He gave it the green light and came back to connect the new circuits into the panel when i had the rest of the fixtures and switches in. :) 

Archived