• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What is the history of Back Country 4x4 club?

dereku

On 2/23/2016 at 10:51 PM, sar4x4 said:

I'll chime in sometime with my version, and there will be some other perspectives.  Gotta go pay attention to the missus right now.

Ok that's enough for the missus. Pay attention to us now, what's the story?

There was a 4x4 club called Xtreme 4x4 club (iirc), I still might have a sticker on the burb!  Meetings were at a member's garage in Sackville.  One of the main members of the club was Art McNeil (iirc).  The club did some great runs, and often had a BBQ fund raiser during the runs.  Many of the main members were involved in the BF Goodrich slalom, etc series.  So some thought the club was all racing.  I had a good time with the club.  Anyway, the club members that were not involved in racing split off and started Backcountry.  Me included. Presidents come and go, some more effective than others, membership numbers rise and fall, more due to demographics and not the presidents, imho.

I think the club is well involved in the Ledwidge Lookoff Rally, the Spryfield Xmas parade / Santa float, and maybe some other things.  Membership is a bit low at times as well, but we're still here!  I hope the club remains strong.  And we'll be here when we have to speak for reasonable lift laws, maybe help during a crisis like the Jeep SWAT group, if someone like Peterson's Ultimate Adventure ever came this way would they contact us as the knowledgeable local club,  field test new Raptor's?  Who knows.

And that is my observation, for what it's worth, and it keeps me happy.  And I like the club.  And the members in it.  And the website/forum!

:arms:  :biggrin:  :canada_flag:  :biggthumpup:

37 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

And nothing against the Jeep club.  But since I don't drive a Jeep, I'm glad there is a local all-makes club, us!

IV only ever had 2 jeeps, one of which was only 2wd. Probably will never own one again. I enjoy the vast differences in types of rigs people wheel. 

• 1 month later...

as you have said eugene ,...I too was a member of extreme 4x4  and we have migrated over to "backcountry "....either way there were good times had by all in  Both clubs .

Archived