• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

My 05 Rubi build. Slow like a 4.0

derekmac

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

No, not going to run duals.  If I didn't mount the big ammo can I probably could have fairly easily, but I'm running out of space under the hood now, lol.  I charged the battery when I got home, and man, what a difference cranking it over now!  Soooo much faster, and it sounds effortless now.

Those are NOT cheap batteries!  I used to run similar batteries in my Burb but I'm going to try without them when/as they need replacing.  One thing for sure, do not slow drain it dead dead dead.  AGMs don't seem to like that.  It won't recover.

But any new battery is always good!

It was on sale for $179 (reg $199), and I had $50 in gift cards.  If I hadn't of put the winch on it, I probably would have went with a less expensive battery.  The 5 year warranty on this one is nice though, and the battery I took out of the Jeep was only 3 years old.

So the tablet mount that I had in the WJ has been sitting on my bench since I sold it, cause I couldn't find a spot to mount it where it wasn't in the way.  Today I found a spot, and time will tell if it'll work out or not.  It seems secure, so I think it'll be OK.  I'll be using it with my GoPro, for off-road maps, and Torque.

20161229_132552.jpg

So I've been thinking about the 2017 wish list for the Jeep...

1. Adjustable front track bar
  2. Rear track bar bracket
  3. New stereo system (nothing fancy, just slight upgrades over stock)
  4. New front fenders, most likely these ones: http://shop.blackwidowgear.com/Jeep-TJ-YJ-Front-Tube-Fenders-DIY-tjfrontfender.htm
  5. 1.25" Body lift (tummy tuck is in the more distance plans)

What it has done now

1. Lifted 3" front, 2" rear
  2. 33" M/T's
  3. Superwinch LP8500
  4. Auxiliary LED lights front
  5. Auxiliary LED back up lights
  6. Locker mod
  7. Tablet mount
  8. Under hood ammo can OBA
  9. Under hood ammo can storage
  10. CB 
  11. Door less mirrors
  12. Rugged Ridge steering box skid plate
  13. Rock lights
  14. Homemade front BPE's
  15. Ford Windstar cowl intake
  16. Bestop cargo carrier

Hmmm, maybe I should have this in my first post so it's easy to update.

47 minutes ago, derekmac said:

To re-center the axles.  Where it's not lifted high, they're not too bad, but they are off center.

Ahh,  I guess that could very negatively affect steering geometry at the very least!  High speed cornering anyone?

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

Ahh,  I guess that could very negatively affect steering geometry at the very least!  High speed cornering anyone?

And in the rear, it brings the drivers side tire pretty close to the upper coil bucket.  Overall it's not bad, but I'd rather it be (eventually, lol) spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived