• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

My 05 Rubi build. Slow like a 4.0

derekmac

I hadn't thought of pulling the top plate off.  Not sure if there'd be enough room inside to get at it or not, but I'll look it up.  I drove to work, and it didn't explode, which is good, lol.  Like you said, it probably won't even move.  I think I will give it another go next weekend, and if I can't get it, and there are no pieces of tubing in the fluid, I'll just forget about it.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't realize I didn't post pics of my new rims here. I got the tires mounted, and beads in before we left, and I put the two front ones on to see how they looked. I quite like them, and they stick out just how much I wanted them to. The Rubi flares are an inch wider than regular flares. 

Where red they are aftermarket rims, right now they are lug centric. I ordered adapter rings from Amazon to make them hub centric though. I'll feel safer running them that way. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Eugene, I was just about about to take them off and sell them, but I can keep them now! :)   lol

I'm beat too!  I need a vacation to recoup from our vacation!  The drive from Montreal to home yesterday seemed abnormally long, even though it wasn't.

• 1 month later...

Today I finished up my Ford Windstar cowl intake.  I picked up the various intake pieces I needed at Kenny U-Pull yesterday (along with a bug deflector) for a whooping total of $11.75.  The reason I did this was to get the air intake up higher, so there's less of a chance of sucking in water.

CB68F520-1061-4BFE-B0F0-5B82046E66EE.jpg

DBAC93F9-02A5-4197-9EFE-3D9C03EB1680.jpg

5B55D187-F601-44C3-8735-784423122AF1.jpg

B00EEBE3-2F74-493D-BDC7-ECB264D8664D.jpg

Nope, it won't drip into it.  If you look at the hood, the intake sits below the passenger side hood hinge, and is about an inch up from the bottom.  I tested the cowl drain with the garden hose, and it had no problem keeping up with draining.

After going for a good drive, both backroad and Hwy, it drives the same, with maybe a bit better throttle response.  The intake air temp is way lower though!  Driving it's around 3-5 degrees above ambient, and sitting idle, around 10 degrees above.  The stock box was about 5x that, as it sucks in the under hood hot air.

The Jeep had some minor rust spots starting to show, so I started to tackle them this weekend. 

I sanded the spots down, and used rust converter and rust paint. The spots are not really visible, so I wasn't overly concerned with how they looked. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think so too!!  I've been looking for a hitch so I could use the hitch carrier I have now, but this, to me, is much better!  It's easy to take the carrier off, but the frame stays mounted to the Jeep.  I really didn't want to put a hitch on the Jeep since it would just be something hanging down to get hung up on.  I'm quite happy that I found this!! :) 

Archived