• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

My 05 Rubi build. Slow like a 4.0

derekmac

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, e36m3 said:

That's how my buddy has his setup. The glare is really not that bad

FB_IMG_1457386580715.jpg

They NEED to be spots up there, to keep down glare... But I would upgrade headlights before adding more auxillary ones... The stock sealed beams SUCK....

Yesterday I bought a 'white box' TRE for the Suburban at NAPA.  $20.  $90 for a lifetime warranty one.  But I don't drive it that much and I intend to change the steering anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we'll see if I can get a few months out of $20.

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

Yesterday I bought a 'white box' TRE for the Suburban at NAPA.  $20.  $90 for a lifetime warranty one.  But I don't drive it that much and I intend to change the steering anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we'll see if I can get a few months out of $20.

Derek now has a couple of usable trail spare TREs, as long as he keeps the stock tie rod in it. They were in the crate of stuff I got from Brandon last fall with the tow hooks. They were of no use to me since I am using a v8 ZJ tie rod and end...

10 minutes ago, Eastcoastcam said:

Derek now has a couple of usable trail spare TREs, as long as he keeps the stock tie rod in it. They were in the crate of stuff I got from Brandon last fall with the tow hooks. They were of no use to me since I am using a v8 ZJ tie rod and end...

Thanks again!  I will eventually get a ZJ tie rod, but until then, I'm happy to have the spares!

The lug nuts on the Jeep are pretty trashed, and I'm not sure how many removal/installs some of them have left.  I picked up two sets of the McGard 64010 (CT only had two sets in stock) lug nuts.  They are guaranteed for life, and the reviews for them seem great.  They are a bit more costly at $9.99 for four, but if they last even twice as long as the cheap ones, they'll have paid for themselves.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mcgard-4-piece-lug-nuts-bulge-cone-seat-0418555p.0418555.html#.VuFuqhNVikp

• 2 weeks later...

There's tons of stuff for my truck to.  Chrome wind deflectors

Chrome bull bars (that can't support ****)

Chrome side steps

Chrome door trim

Chrome headlight bezels 

But got forbid you want a locker!!!!

I'm not bitter I swear. 

33 minutes ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Chrome side steps

Chrome door trim

Chrome headlight bezels 

I'm not bitter I swear. 

So unless you love chrome, you're SOL!!

8 hours ago, derekmac said:

8 hours ago, derekmac said:

9 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Chrome side steps

Chrome door trim

Chrome headlight bezels 

I'm not bitter I swear. 

There are several companies who offer

lockers for 9.25 Dodge rearends. 

10 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Yeah, if ya want 4x4 aftermarket support ya gotta own an old Chev or a Heep, lol 

Or if horsepower isnt his thing just get a old toyota! Ever wonder what its like to be passed by everything on the highway? 

Atleast the parts and tech are plentiful...

On 2016-03-19 at 8:22 AM, Brunet-Hemi said:

Auto lockers only.  I should of specified.

God forbid I want a 'selectable' locker! 

Drop a cheap Dana 60 in it, then the markets open up. Price is still an issue :)

Archived