• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Taco stuck at Grand daddy hill

TacoMitch

Everyone is out safe and sound.

Two locations with two different rigs and a tight time schedule =No pics ( from me anyway) I just had enough time to clean up and make my sons basketball game at 1140.

I did take one of mine just then:

Recovery.jpg

4 hours ago, ram5.9 said:

Everyone is out safe and sound.

Two locations with two different rigs and a tight time schedule =No pics ( from me anyway) I just had enough time to clean up and make my sons basketball game at 1140.

I did take one of mine just then:

Recovery.jpg

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

A self-recovery winch can help 99% of the time.  And having another vehicle with you.  But I've done just what you did and will probably do it again!  Cell phones and 4x4 club forums sure help!

Yeah good thing I had my cell phone would have been a bit of a walk out lol winch and a high lift will be comin real soon lol

Yes, I forgot about a high lift!  If you've seen my pictures on here when I dropped the front axle into a culvert (it was camouflaged and rotten and broke under us) and hung the truck up on the front frame/bumper, we recovered it solely with a high lift.  Lifted the truck and filled in under the wheels.  Took a couple hours.  We own two ol' 'Farmall' brand and one 'HiLift' brand jacks.  Or maybe even 4 in total!

Archived