• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Seeking AWD Chevy Astro / GMC Safari

Nightpath

I'm thinking of a project vehicle, one for overland, camping use and the like. One with room to spare. I've run the gamut and have come up with the idea of a GMC Safari or Chevy Astro with a bit of a lift, beefy tires and a bit more. Since they have a really good AWD and enough power to get around (and a v8 can be swapped in with ease) I think it's something I might want to build.

So if anyone sees a newer model AWD Chevy Astro / GMC Safari with reasonably low KM (sub 180k km) and not a rotted mess or beat drive train let me know. 

1 hour ago, Nightpath said:

I'm thinking of a project vehicle, one for overland, camping use and the like. One with room to spare. I've run the gamut and have come up with the idea of a GMC Safari or Chevy Astro with a bit of a lift, beefy tires and a bit more. Since they have a really good AWD and enough power to get around (and a v8 can be swapped in with ease) I think it's something I might want to build.

So if anyone sees a newer model AWD Chevy Astro / GMC Safari with reasonably low KM (sub 180k km) and not a rotted mess or beat drive train let me know. 

I remember working on them at the dealership, they had a lot of transfer case problems, the coupler gave trouble of not ("slipping) properly and would bind during turns creating jerky drivability, premature wear of t-case chain ,Swapping in a regular selectable t-case might not be a bad idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived