• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Laughable Kijiji "Deals"... Like, REALLY?!?!

Eastcoastcam

Perusing Kijiji you come across some great deals. And then there there are those ones that you just have to wonder if they are seriously thinking their price is reasonable for what they are selling...

For example... I came across this on Sunday at soccer...

Screenshot_2016-02-14-17-19-34.thumb.png

Seeing how Mitch @TheTireMan was advertising 4 of these tires BRAND NEW for something like $800 or $850 , or 5 of them for just over $1000... That leaves over $1400 for the set of OEM rims... Gimme some of what the guy above is smoking... ;)

What great "deals" have you seen on there that is only worth a laugh? Post up a screenshot to savour it forever :cool:...

I've read some of those you posted.  Yup, ya gotta wonder the rationale behind the pricing.  Were they serious?  Were they joking?  Were they doing what their spouse said, post it on Kijiji, but you post a price that it won't sell?  Gotta wonder!

5 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

I've read some of those you posted.  Yup, ya gotta wonder the rationale behind the pricing.  Were they serious?  Were they joking?  Were they doing what their spouse said, post it on Kijiji, but you post a price that it won't sell?  Gotta wonder!

When it comes to rigs, I can understand pricing it high so it won't sell... Then you can tell your SO "see? No one wants it... It's been for sale for months..."... But the ones above I think the sellers really believe they are worth near what they are asking...

I bet the guy or girl with the rims , called Dodge parts department and asked how much a rim would be ,  I remember buying one rim for my trans am new because one had obtained some curb rash and it was $800 with the tax when I got it. Nothing special, just a factory 17" rim for ws6 trans am. 

21 minutes ago, Powerram said:

I bet the guy or girl with the rims , called Dodge parts department and asked how much a rim would be ,  I remember buying one rim for my trans am new because one had obtained some curb rash and it was $800 with the tax when I got it. Nothing special, just a factory 17" rim for ws6 trans am. 

That wouldn't surprise me... Tara got a quote from the dealer for one rim for the old Grand Prix (aka The :fuk:Stupid Pontiac:fuk:) and was told $450 for it...

Maybe the price is because it comes with a 'wench'.........

Having a built engine, or any one part, or having 'lots of new part's', or whatever, hardly changes the vehicle's worth, if at all, as we all know.  And likewise, sink $2-$4k into a vehicle with a blown engine, and if it was only worth $1500 - $2k before the motor went, it is still only worth $1500-$2k.  Sheesh.  Better to sell for parts?

Oh yes, it's "I have to keep it honey because no one will pay for how much I put into it then beat it to death'.

Don't get me wrong.  I have sunk lots of money into vehicles over the years and don't regret it.  But the closer I get to retirement, I wonder more that if I had put it into RRSPs instead,,,,,,,,,  I could be retired now. But not as happy!  :biggthumpup:

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎19 at 10:07 AM, sar4x4 said:

Don't get me wrong.  I have sunk lots of money into vehicles over the years and don't regret it.  But the closer I get to retirement, I wonder more that if I had put it into RRSPs instead,,,,,,,,,  I could be retired now. But not as happy!  :biggthumpup:

AMEN . I could be driving a brand new truck with the money I have in the Samurai but what fun would that be . And as for retirement , well the kids can feed me .

Archived