• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

"Clunky Junky" - Jawritch's 98 XJ

Jawritch

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to test out the new tires today. Went for a quick tour up around the villa and radar. They just dig. Pushing tons of snow almost no throttle is required, and when you stop moving just stick with it they dig down, grab the solid ground and pull you along. Pretty impressed. Sadly no pics :(

11 hours ago, Jawritch said:

Got to test out the new tires today. Went for a quick tour up around the villa and radar. They just dig. Pushing tons of snow almost no throttle is required, and when you stop moving just stick with it they dig down, grab the solid ground and pull you along. Pretty impressed. Sadly no pics :(

I took the exact same tire and same size and only a couple thousand and on them now,  off my truck for the winter lol Glad ya like em, they didn't work for me in the snow, couldn't push the snow , I put a set of motormaster total terrain apl and they work good in the snow. I like the bfg for all round big tire for daily use, it's kind of jack of all trades tire. I'll put them back on when the snow is gone

I found in the loose deep snow they did pretty good, you must be close to that area, I see ya round lots,  ya helped the counter guy get me some flare nuts and a flared union a short while ago,  then seen ya when we had our Chinese food lol, , there is a trail that will come almost right to my front door, from close by where you were, ita not a gnarly trail , but has a nice hill or two to climb, and several side trails to check out, we will have to plan a meet and check em out, I haven't been in there since the snow has been down

Yeah I'm living in Bedford, grew up in Beaver Bank (garage is there) and work in Sackville so I'm always around the area. We'll definitely have to get out some time, works slowing down so I should have a lot more time off

Blew the R/R wheel cylinder, so replaced that along with the brake line. While I was in there I put new shoes in. What a ******* difference. I didn't realize how bad my brakes were until I got new ones. Maybe the cylinder was weeping for a while who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the run I installed a M.O.R.E. steering box brace and new rear bump stops. The rear bump stop set up I had before was starting to rip off the frame since it was welded to the side. Now they're under the frame in the original location.IMG_20170118_172110.jpgIMG_20170118_172115.jpg

• 1 month later...

Since today was slow, and my boss didn't come in, I got to do some wrenching on my own junk at work. 

IMG_20170313_110411.jpg

IMG_20170311_084509.jpg

So this happened, which is pretty cool. Works really well and I really don't hear much from it except for sharp slow turns. 

My driver's side axle seal was leaking a bit so I fired a new one in while I was at it.

IMG_20170313_104235.jpg

I also threw on a new serpentine belt and some spark plugs. Not anywhere near as exciting.

• 4 months later...

I haven't updated this in a while, but I have plans to re-work a lot of the Jeep in the coming weeks so I should have some more updates. Today I installed some flood lights in the hatch to be reverse lights with the changes coming. Right now they're wired to the reverse lights but I will be wiring them up to a DPDT switch so I can run them in reverse or manually. I've had these things for months just sitting on the shelf. About time..

IMG_20170713_154902.thumb.jpg.8c8d6faff4f2501e929d45824549ac28.jpgIMG_20170713_154908.thumb.jpg.e3c7d03a1f5413ad952d6ad68e075d5c.jpg

Archived