• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

...?

82Yota

27 minutes ago, JKWhoo! said:

And this is why we have safety inspections

Haha nah, we have those because the NS govt like to make us grab our ankles every chance they get. I assure you there is just as much junk on the road here as there is in provinces without safety inspections. 

Yeah haha I was just down the rd from Millwoods, basically 80's-90's era Spryfield crossed with Highfield. Somebody actually stole the seats out of my  88' 4runner!

Wish I knew who it was. Clearly a toyota guy cause who steals seats from that truck? They were SR5 seats but they still weren't the most comfortable. 

The vehicle in that vid is insane!  I must say, that I've never seen anything that bad around here!

And, even in jurisdictions where they don't have safety inspections, it isn't legal, the vehicle still must be roadworthy and retain factory shape(?), safety systems, etc etc

I've seen the video of the truck's accident though. There is a huge tree that fell on its roof. So the guy chopped the tree down and couldn't believe it still ran. So he drove it out of the woods and then decided to bring it to Toyota to show them how tough those trucks are. Or some story like that

Just now, e36m3 said:

I've seen the video of the truck's accident though. There is a huge tree that fell on its roof. So the guy chopped the tree down and couldn't believe it still ran. So he drove it out of the woods and then decided to bring it to Toyota to show them how tough those trucks are. Or some story like that

Now, thats a vid I'd like to see. If you happen to remember where it was please post it here

I used to have an s 10 that was ditched hard, the cab and doors sat level, the tailgate of the box was level with the roof and the front tip of the hood was a bit higher than the windshield wipers.  Shaped like a banana. I drove that thing like that for 7 or 8 months from south rawdon to Halifax every day. It was awesome, people avoided that truck like the plague, they would change lanes just to let me go. Whenever I parked at a large parking lot I always went to where the guy with a nice car parked away from everybody, I'd park next to him, I'd stay within my lines but I'd park not square to look like it just landed there without a care haha

2 hours ago, Powerram said:

I used to have an s 10 that was ditched hard, the cab and doors sat level, the tailgate of the box was level with the roof and the front tip of the hood was a bit higher than the windshield wipers.  Shaped like a banana. I drove that thing like that for 7 or 8 months from south rawdon to Halifax every day. It was awesome, people avoided that truck like the plague, they would change lanes just to let me go. Whenever I parked at a large parking lot I always went to where the guy with a nice car parked away from everybody, I'd park next to him, I'd stay within my lines but I'd park not square to look like it just landed there without a care haha

:)

42 minutes ago, e36m3 said:

It was on YouTube but I think someone posted that on a Toyota related page on Facebook. 

I hate most people so I stay off facebook, have to scour youtube later for it

19 hours ago, 82Yota said:

Yeah haha I was just down the rd from Millwoods, basically 80's-90's era Spryfield crossed with Highfield. Somebody actually stole the seats out of my  88' 4runner!

Wish I knew who it was. Clearly a toyota guy cause who steals seats from that truck? They were SR5 seats but they still weren't the most comfortable. 

Ha! I lived in Millwoods for a year. Lived in Corian Apartments, around the corner from the Safeway at Millwoods Town Center... Spent many a Friday/Saturday night hustling pool down at the Kingsnight Pub...:cool:

Archived