• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Check out this burb

82Yota

2 minutes ago, 82Yota said:

I love it! But those axles... they look awful small for that big of rubber. Those cant be d60s...?

Yep Dana 60 and 14 bolt ff rear, but the front tires stick out so far because it has dual wheel hubs . he didn't put the single wheel hubs on it. The axle would be out of a 3500 dualie truck

I think they should leave the truck where it is . First the guy was an idiot for trying to drive through the swamp and then he wasn't  even there for the recovery .You think the red truck guy is going to pay for the new tie rod ?

lol we won't even talk about all the things they did wrong.  The vid was meant for entertainment!

Tie is bent, not sheared.  Straighten it and sleeve it.  Done it a few times...  Solid rod, thick wall, alloy, larger diameter, yup.  I've got several spares..........

I'm really surprised the tire had traction and the rod buckled like that though!  And then again, it may have been bent and straightened a few times before, creating a weak spot.

40 inch tires are HEAVY.

I'll see if I can find the pic of mine on 40s.  We have a set, but they don't stuff well in my wheel wells!

Archived