• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New Jeep Vehicles?

sar4x4

Four Wheeler magazine lists a Jeep Cherokee Krawler, a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Sunriser, and a Jeep Wrangler Black Bear.

Check out the Krawler, it's too extreme for running Ledwidge as Car 0! lol  The Sunriser looks sharp!

Are these concepts or production?  I see a dealer listing a Black Bear............

Oh jeep and your crazy ideas. It cracks me up that they cater to soccer moms more than their hardcore established fanbase. Look at the new firehawk. It's just a rebadged fiat

You jeep fellas should boycott the new crap the way I avoid toyotas newer than 1995. 

Although I appreciate 82Yota's sentiments, including I like my Solid Axle factory rig, I think Jeep makes some nice gear.  I know he was jesting.  The Rubicon in particular has some hard core parts as well as some of the other models' bumpers, etc.  A JK makes a great platform to build from.   A modern, smooth riding, reliable, solid axle convertible, and maybe more powerful and definitely more comfortable (from AC to ride to Cruise to noise levels, etc.) than a 70's CJ with carburetor?  Gotta like it.  I have my classic convertible Scout, my reliable woods truck, and a DD car.  But if I could only have one rig in the driveway for work and play?  A JK would be very high on the consideration list.  If I needed a HD truck, a Super Duty with solid axle would be considered, and so on.

Oh wait, a Land Rover Defender 90, with diesel.  That would be a good consideration if I had the financial means.

If I had to replace my Rogue?  Why not a Trailhawk?

Oh wait, what about a used Army Mercedes G-Wagon when they come up surplus soon-ish.....

But I'm not, nor have ever been, interested in a Compass, Patriot or a new 'Fiat' Renegade!  I think they are very very ugly and for off roader wannabe's!  I do have my bias!

Archived