• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Trail Runs 2016

SQRLPWR

Trails runs will occur on the 3rd Saturday of the month, with the exception of December which will be the 2nd Saturday.

If there is a club event in the month, there will be no club run for that month

Tentative dates - trail ideas ALWAYS welcome ;)

• January 16th - TBA
  • February 20th - TJs
  • March 19th - VOTE - winner was Big Jones
  • April 16th - VOTE
  • May 21st - Bump & Grind
  • June 18th - Hilden (confirmed)
  • July ? - TBA - Ledwidge Rally / Summer Event / MUD Run
  • August - Ledwidge Rally / Summer Event
  • September 17 - MUD Run part 1
  • October 1st - MUD Run Part 2
  • October 15th - MUD Run Part 3
  • November 19th - Big Jones + bonus trail
  • December 10th - VOTE

Thanks for the thread Jay.   Knowing it's the third Saturday allows planning.

Jon: Actually M.U.D. was in July in 2014 and in August in 2015!

We're waiting to hear when Ledwidge is before setting dates for the Summer Event (valley) and M.U.D.  It was indicated by the Ledwidge organizers that it will be much earlier this year, maybe in June if I recall correctly.  Tom will remember.

Jawritch - there certainly are places to roam in Bowater. (Interesting how the name sticks.)  We spent 2 1/2 days there in for M.U.D. in August 2015! Stay tuned to trail rides, we'll be there again!

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Me too.  Augustwould be best for me ;) lol. 

I like a full-size vehicle buddy,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.  we'll keep that in mind!  You might be in luck!  Right now if you check the calendar, we've placed M.U.D. centred between P.O.R.N. Jam and BackCountry Summer Valley camping event.  Only if those dates changed significantly or other things pop up like Ledwidge would we likely change it.  And Ledwidge is indicating June or July.

3 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

I like a full-size vehicle buddy,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.  we'll keep that in mind!  You might be in luck!  Right now if you check the calendar, we've placed M.U.D. centred between P.O.R.N. Jam and BackCountry Summer Valley camping event.  Only if those dates changed significantly or other things pop up like Ledwidge would we likely change it.  And Ledwidge is indicating June or July.

I'm hoping I'm available for the whole event, and I hope my truck is ready too haha. Got a big weld list and an engine swap planned too

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did lock the hubs the other day on the highway and around town, to keep things freed up!  Spindle bearings, axle u-joints, throw some oil around the ring and pinion, drive-shaft u-joints. Hmm, what else?  T-case output shaft seal I suppose.

Guess I should have post this under 'What did you do to your rig today', lol

And I should put the T-case in 4x with the hubs un-locked I suppose.  In case there is something missed above.  The shifter linkage itself can seize!  The Burb 4-Low did!

Archived