• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

My junk pile, time to get to work

82Yota

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I always had a soft spot for these trucks, but never had one and probably wont now. yours looks exactly like one I was going to buy when I had first got my licence, right down to the centerline wheels. But the one I looked at was grey, mom didn't like the fact of it only being a 4 banger and talked me out of it, even after I tried to convince her I could pickup a 350 and put into it, but I wasn't allowed a v8 either and was forced  to sell my Buick Riveria too. that I bought when I was 14 and fixed up till I was 16. So I ended up with a 3.0l ranger 5 speed 2wd and man that little truck would cook haha

• 1 month later...

So yeah, got a lot of crap needed for my 2.7 swap, basically a whole 4runner. No need to do the cross over exhaust like most of these swaps do, I am just going to run the exhaust on the passenger side and swap the 98 4runner tank into mine but on the drivers side. Ill have a flat deck so no need to worry about the fuel door being on the wrong side ( and finally be filling it up from the proper side, aka the drivers side)

It will be nice to pull the harness myself and at my own pace instead of being rushed at a wrecker or somebody else's house. This is gonna be a pain in the arse but worth it in the long run.

I have a lot of reading to do!

Tonight my electrician finally came out to my garage and finished wiring up my panel. I cant complain because she did it for free, gotta love the perks of a electrician in the family.

Hello 240V, welcome to the party!

Man I really want to find a set of doors with vent windows. I think that is the missing "look" on my truck. Talking to a guy on kijiji tonight who has a set, only took 29 back and fourth emails before he told me that they didnt have vent windows...

Not a fan of the windshied visors personally. I have a rear slider already and I might grab that rear glass from ya though. Those are hard to find. Do you happen to have a sunroof/moonroof for a runner or truck of that generation? That I actually need because the frame on mine is rotted out. 

Archived