• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Blast from the past

Lil'monster

• 3 months later...
On 16/09/2015 at 10:11 PM, Lil'monster said:

got to start building it first lol

What year is your zuk?

54 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Here is my blast from the past.  5671cf24708f7_83Toyota.thumb.jpg.49ca408     I'll let you do some guessing first!

Nice first gen

Just now, Eastcoastcam said:

That's why you can afford to sell one. Even then, you still have a spare :P!

Well t be honest 2 of them are attached to trucks. One is just a spare that I grabbed for $75 and a small coffee 

19 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Here is my blast from the past.  5671cf24708f7_83Toyota.thumb.jpg.49ca408     I'll let you do some guessing first!

All right I'll post to take pressure off Tom and James....

It's 1987 or 1988.  I got her stuck in the evening and went back on the weekend to get her out.

That's me, skinny as a rake and quite the facial hair!

1983 Toyota Hilux pickup.  22R, 5 speed.  SR5 package, for whatever that meant at the time!  Custom rocker guards. They weren't likely a trend yet.  Custom rear bumper. Extra leaf all the way around.  BIG 31" BFG Mud Terrains.

Warn M600 winch.  I could step from the front tire to the rocker guard to the rear tire to the rear bumper,.....

Stuck, no traction on the clay!  And nothing to winch to.  And yup, I was alone the night I got stuck!  And there were no cell phones at the time.

Short wheelbase, narrow track, narrow truck, good clearance, she would fit many places and go through more than the Burb!

Archived