• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Welcome to IPS 4.0!

autumnwalker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys - I have a reply from IPS on the Android issue, but I need your input. Please see the request / response below:

Is it possible to provide steps to reproduce the problem as well as details of the device and browser in use? I am not seeing any problems currently composing posts on my Android device.

1. I go into a topic on my smartphone

2. I hit the reply button at the bottom and the type window opens

3. I need to tap into the white type window 2+ times before a cursor shows and I can type my response.

seems to be mobile related, I am on Safari on an iPhone 6 plus with newest OS

1. I go into a topic on my smartphone

2. I hit the reply button at the bottom and the type window opens

3. I need to tap into the white type window 2+ times before a cursor shows and I can type my response.

seems to be mobile related, I am on Safari on an iPhone 6 plus with newest OS

Thanks Tom.

I was specifically asking for the Android / double word issue. I will have to look into the "double tap reply" issue separately.

Using a Nexus 4, Android ver 5.1.1, Chrome Browser.

Typing... Make a mistake and backspace to delete and go to type again and the double word/letter happens. Not every time, but when it does it is extremely annoying trying to correct it.

Only happens on this site, and was happening before the upgrade as wellwell...( <-- see, just did it there, but not other corrections in this post)

Sound about right for you guys too, Jay & Jonathon?

Thanks guys - I will relay this to IPS.

James - it happened for you prior to the upgrade?

Yes, it was happening before the upgrade too. It is why I wasn't posting very much. If it happenned, I would abandon the post because it was too annoying to fix it...

Not sure on the version of Chrome... I see if I can find it...

Official response from IPS on the Android autocorrect bug:

The editor on mobile we are aware can be a little 'odd' at times. We are aware of this, however the resolve for this is quite complex in nature and appears to be issues within the ckeditor itself. We are implementing a new version of this in a different way to improve this situation, however this will be released in the 4.1 version due to the scale of the change.

CKEditor is a 3rd party tool they use for the reply box - it's used on many, many different web platforms (it's "industry standard").

They expect 4.1 to be released in "early October"; I have asked for a more specific timeframe.

Going to wait and see if the open / close reply box issue on mobile is sorted out by 4.1 as well.

Archived