• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

The X is an ex ex X :)

SQRLPWR

So picked up the Bronco axle from way out Windsor way....

On the way back just past Ellershouse, the X started to just very slightly hesitate under load. By the time I get to Lower Sackville, it was very bad, and she stalled out at the Kent lights, and wouldn't re-start.
I had to push her into the car park past the Midas, where I checked the rotor, and cap and cleaned it up a little - nothing else seemed out of place.

She started back up, running rough but enough to get me to Windsor Junction, and into Perry Lake Estates, where she stopped dead with LOTS of smoke - both cats were glowing cherry red hot!!

Now she wont re-start, so I had to abandon.

Um...any thoughts ?

I agree with Justin! the red cats are telling me that there's lack of ignition! I wouldn't try to drive it anymore, lack of ignition can cause cylinder wash down and potentially seize it.. then you're in to bigger issues!

So its fixable then? I was worried i was about to see a second engine swap this month lol.

Ill be honest also I was very much looking forward to seeing some pix of the x with the new meats tearing it up on bng.

Best of luck.

Main stealer just quoted me $688.62 + tax for a new distributor....I'm definitely dry-walling until further notice LOL

canadapartsonline et-al are a third of that price.

I've got a lead on a used one, but it's not getting pulled until Sunday/Monday.

Archived