• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Rigs spotted here and there!

sar4x4

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Should it be called a wrecker or a recovery truck? Lol. I'd hate to call you when I run out of gas or need a battery boost and you come and wreck 'er!

If I'm the one responding to your call, I will be driving the "Wrecker" , and that term is more defined than using tow truck or recovery vehicle, if somebody says there is a wrecker on the way, you get a conventional tow truck that will lift one end of the disabled vehicle on a hoist of sorts to tow, and is very versatile at recovery's and winching with its extendable boom and how the operator uses it, other towtrucks can be called rollback or bed or flat bed truck. They pull or drag the disabled car onto a ramp that tilts and moves back on the truck to the ground. I prefer operating the wrecker over the flatbed. 

I believe the term Wrecker came from going to extract vehicles from wrecks, being able to roll cars over with ease and getting cars from tight or strange places, it might also be a " Holmes " brand name term that stuck, ie, "440 Holmes Wrecker" similar that everybody called nose tissue "Kleenex" which is a brand name, 

But you got no worries, im not going to wreck'er anymore than what is already done

Spotted on the way home from M.U.D. Day 2.  I believe it is at a yard where Dave says there are lots of square body Chev parts.  Because there was!

IMG_2728.JPG

There looks to be a really clean Chev in the backgorund, and the mirrors on the Scout are the style I'm evntually going to put on!  I don't like the grille on that year Chev, with 2 headlights, not 4, and the signal lights in the bumper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my all time favourite cars, '69 Charger.  Along with the late sixties and early '70s Challengers and Cudas, and maybe Camaros. And '63(?) Corvette Split Window Coupes.  And my Chev truck.

Wait, there's a definite pattern there!

Archived