• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Rigs spotted here and there!

sar4x4

On 02/10/2016 at 9:20 PM, sar4x4 said:

4 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Parking lot Halifax.

The way the front hoop attaches is a bit of a bastardization I've noted on these.

IMG_2877.JPG

Just a light bar , but looks like it now prevents tow strap to be used without a shackle or clevis, but on the plus side if that once the clevis or shackle is installed it cannot "slip off"

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/11/2016 at 11:59 AM, sar4x4 said:Spotted North End Halifax. Looks very capable on a trail!

IMG_2866.JPG

This is a great looking stinger, designed to prevent front rollover on steep dropoff. Recessed winch so it it is bottomed out, fairlead isnd buried in rock or mud and cable is still accessible. 

24 minutes ago, Powerram said:

This is a great looking stinger, designed to prevent front rollover on steep dropoff. Recessed winch so it it is bottomed out, fairlead isnd buried in rock or mud and cable is still accessible. 

I don't want to be in a situation where I need a stinger like that!  But if I am, I'd be glad to have it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2016 at 1:57 PM, sar4x4 said:

!

IMG_3005.JPG

This Chevrolet cab my buddie just brought back from Alberta when he purchased his new to him truck a week or 2 ago, this is the new owner of the cab

On 28/12/2016 at 8:44 AM, sar4x4 said:

Plow gear mount on the front, with about '6' leaves each side in the spring packs!

IMG_3026.JPG

This f250 has ttb front end the same as my f150 , but instead of coils it has front leaves, and all those extras are needed for plowing with ttb, the weight of the plow does horrible things to the leaves of those trucks, not only do they bend in typical motion, but they also twist like wringing a wash cloth. 

22 minutes ago, derekmac said:

RHD import?

Yup.  I first noticed the different badging, then I noticed the driver's head on the right!

I had to drive erratically to get behind him the second time after we got separated and getting my phone out for the pic.

On the lower right is the name of a Japanese (presumably) car dealer.

Those Hilux Surfs are nice, basically the same as a 2nd gen 4runner. The only thing wrong with that generation is the rear tailgate is actually a tailgate and not a hatch. The seals get bad and water pools up and then they rot out. The 3rd gens fixed it by using an actual hatch but also a slide down rear window.

Also, JDM parts for the differences like steering and interior are a real ***** to find here in NS

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted at Woodside ferry terminal.

I kind of like the Willys theme.

IMG_3067.JPG

Both my garages are still full, got a 1/2 price deal so I popped it in a locker  for the winter.  Threw the kayaks in as well.

IMG_3066.JPG

Love the Oil Dri mats!

• 2 months later...

Archived