• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Greetings from Beaver Bank

jmacdonald

6 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Side steps would be easier to repair than rockers, but factory steps usually can't support the weight of the vehicle and will bend and hit the rockers.  Now you got 2 things to fix.  And you might of cleared the obstacle if the steps weren't there. 

Good thought!  Especially the chrome style steps.

4 hours ago, jay said:

Salespersons   ....I wonder if they'd honour that promise when you return with your shiny all banged up?

Welcome BTW :)

Yeah exactly. But I _think_ for basic pin stripes it should be more or less fine. However all it takes is someone else to have snapped the tip off a branch off to turn it into a scrapey spear and bam.

So I asked on the Colorado forum and here is the thread : http://coloradofans.com/forums/282-2nd-gen-off-roading/358394-factory-off-road-3-inch-side-steps.html go to the second last reply where buddy says that he thinks that these steps mount to the frame in the same places as the ZR2 factory sliders do. 

So "with a grain of salt" I think they're probably somewhat durable but still obvs not legit sliders. WHich fine. whatever. I'm fine with that for now.

FWIW the factory sliders that came with my H2 were in fact sliders that supported the full weight of the vehicle and bolted into the frame.

There were nerf bars that were attached to the sliders which were promptly removed, but the sliders themselves were very stout and tested often. YMMV.

Archived