• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

The Ford

Powerram

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah. But need to do some work on the clutch line still. Failed on the way home. But am very impressed with front axles. Steering on hard lock and no u-joint bind

I want RCV's so bad. On the Jk's they are bloody expensive. 1270 + tax. I ended up just buying some used shafts and now got trail spares.

I want RCV's so bad. On the Jk's they are bloody expensive. 1270 + tax. I ended up just buying some used shafts and now got trail spares.

I wish mine only cost 1270 plus tax.....

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, for those of you who were on bump and grind, my truck was the one not to follow unless you had a gas mask. Good for mosquito control. Ol Smokey's tired 302 will be coming out. I have ordered another new flywheel for the 351. Unfortunately the new one in the 302 will not work as the balance is different. So now the process to dig the 351 outta moms garage starts. It was one of the first things in the garage since it was built. Now there is 10 or 11 years of stuff piled in there on top of it.

Haha, Been at work more than at home... Nothing done at all except adding to the list of stuff to fix, the lawn tractor, I broke one of the spindles on the mower deck. So i gotta fix that first and mow... Tomorrow I have off and am picking up a short box step side dodge truck, similar to the Lil red express, just without the stacks....or the 360....or the chrome slot wheels....or the 4 speed.......but its red, and step side and short. So if anybody needs any dodge parts from 1980, the slant 6 and auto is said to be good, its 2wd, the only thing I'm taking off is the wheels and the box, the rest will be steel salvage.

Mid month July, I am planning on digging the Trans Am out of the garage, then I can move the corvette over to where the Trans Am was . that will give me access to the back of the garage where the 351 lives. Then the Challenger can live where the corvette was and I can drive the Trans Am. That sounds like a plan....

Looking for a D60. But on the super cheap. Like SUPER CHEAP!!!!! until I bounce back from the engine then I'll probably be willing to pay a bit more. If it's a 9 1/4 I'd take the shafts for spares but it's the wrong pattern.

• 1 month later...

Cleaning out the garage today, and organizing, going to pull the ol plow truck into the garage tonight, hopefully all plow gear will be removed tonight. Tomorrow will be engine removal of the former plow truck and up to my boneyard it goes with the rest of the collection.

The engine being removed is 1989 or 1990 302 (5.0L) rated at a whoping 185hp and 270 ftlbs. That's an up figure from the current 139hp and 250ftlbs in the red ford.

Yep, can't wait , but have to post pone due to weather conditions now, when it rains outside it rains in my garage too lol. Also I have to swap a bunch of stuff between engines and all external gaskets have to be changed on the blue engine. Valve covers gaskets, chain case cover gaskets, new water pump , new timing chain set, oil pan will be swapped with red truck oil pan, intake gaskets and all the tune up stuff from the red truck, spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor will all be salvaged from red engine.

• 3 weeks later...

Was attempting to do this before MUD, bit it didn't work that way. If all goes well from here on, I should be joining everyone for mud tomorrow. Got all the broken studs out of the heads, found evidence of intake leaks, but am still going to throw head gaskets in. Now I can start removing the exhaust headers, and then rockers, push rods and then the heads. Soon she will be alive

Well, she runs.... But .... Iv managed to get the antifreeze to stop coming out the exhaust, but the oil smoke is still present. When I removed the heads, there was definite evidence that combustion was leaking between cylinders, and into the coolant passages

Archived