• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

09 Ram 1500 Build

Brunet-Hemi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes they would.

my current rims would fit, I have 18s.  however I need new tires soon also and the availability for 18s is pretty slim compared to 17s. plus the 17" tire is much cheaper than an 18" ( yokohama geolanders are $150 more per tire jut to go from 17" to 18"). so 17s will save me money in the long run. ( wish i knew all this the first time around!)

I'd like to avoid spacers if possible just for simplicity, Jessy's jeep has them and they are annoying to deal with every time you need to work on the front end. Plus if I'm buying rims anyway I might as well just get ones that fit without spacers. 

I also found 1/4" spacers that will fit if i need them, and they are just basically a shim style instead of the bolt-on then bolt-to style so they'd be easy to deal with.

also I found some wheels in Canada! :)

On 9/3/2017 at 7:39 PM, sar4x4 said:

18s and taller are a money grab unless you are driving Formula One, etc!

Fact check - F1 wheels are 13" diameter. There is actually a lot of controversy with the tire manufacturers as they feel the 13" wheel does not represent the real world and what are run on production cars these days (i.e. the tires they make specially for F1 are nothing like what they would make for the road).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the front diff pulled.  Opened it up and it looks good.  The actuator side though needs a few new bearings.  

20171015_132753.thumb.jpg.772f9178d5dd8484b9c1b8b088c6c610.jpg20171015_132757.thumb.jpg.90c61b7ea64999217737b14b47aa015c.jpg

The kit has a dropped crossmember that bolts in where the LCA bolted in.  Those pockets were bent from many a rock. Lol.  Took all day heating and hammering to clearance it enough for the new crossmember to fit.  Forgot to take pics of it, but it is in.  

I'm on hold now until I can rebuild the actuator side of the diff.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived