• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

09 Ram 1500 Build

Brunet-Hemi

Figured I may as well start a build thread.

It will probably be YEARS before the build is complete, but here's what's on it so far

2.5" Spacer lift/level

3" Body Lift

37x13.50R18 Falken Wildpeak A/T tires on Ultra Phantom wheels

Bushwacker Fender Flares

S&B Intake

Viair OBA compressor

lots of Plasti-Dip

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also looking to get a winch with my tax return, looking at this one. what do you guys think? its just shy of $700 by the time its at my door

i know its not a WARN but it does have a 3 year warranty on the electronics and lifetime on mechanical.

also its waterproof up to 1m for 30min

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-Winch-Accessories/XRC-12K-GEN2-Winch.aspx?t_c=18&t_s=300&t_pt=100700&t_pn=S%2fB97412

• 2 weeks later...

Winch ordered :)

I don't notice any issues with the body lift. it came with a steering extension and all the other brackets to make sure everything stays in place. I'm still only 5.5" total lift and some guys go 9"-11" with these trucks, without too many issues

Winch arrived at my mother-in-laws Yesterday :) it was 50 bucks cheaper to send it to her place in Toronto, and ill be heading to Ontario for 2 weeks next Friday, works out perfect.

just enough time when i get back to fab up a mount before the April run :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted 1/4" but he didn't have a piece big enough, so went with 3/16" which still falls within the 4-6mm the manual recommends.

I have another source of free steel here (shop i used to work at) that I'm going to check out before we leave. they should have some 1/4"

• 3 weeks later...

More pics as promised, Also i clocked both the motor side and clutch.

motor to give a bit my reach to the wiring so I can mount my control box where I want it, and the clutch side so its accessible through the hole in the from of the bumper.

post-1056-0-69244700-1429992825_thumb.jppost-1056-0-79406900-1429992836_thumb.jppost-1056-0-00166000-1429992847_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Thx Tom. Read through it and took a look at the winch. I don't seem to have the home in the drum they are talking about. Just the screw that's on the side. And the head of the screw came off so now i have to fight with that and find a terminal to attach to the winch line.

I'll have to check that out. Worst case i was going to use an electrical terminal. The screw isn't supposed to hold any weight anyway it's just there to hold the line in place. So I'm not too worried about strength.

Is your winch recommended for syn line. Watch that your drum doesn't collapse while using the syn line. My warn m12000 is not recommended because when the line sinches up it could possibly crush the drum. Also while powering out the winch against the drum brake you could over heat the wraps of line touching the drum

Archived