• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2011 Jeep Wrangler Build

TomWood

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TomWood said:

Been a while since I updated. Have had two tires replaced under warranty, replaced wheel bearings, brakes and now have death wobble. It's going into APJs in a week to be diagnosed then see if I can get warranty replacement parts :) 

Get 'er ready for M.U.D!  But Death Wobble wouldn't be a problem, no long hiway treks.

Trackbar actually looked good, had Dave crawling under it as well to check for movement. The funny thing is there wasnt any until the two wheel bearings were replaced, then it showed its ugly head lol. Hoping APJ's can find it and give me details on whats needed to fix.

Definitely want it ready for MUD! I am up for a challenge and its been a few months since wheeling

How are the front tires looking, , any cupping, scallops or uneven wear? Have you tried rotating front tires to the rear and the backs on the front? Once had an issue with death wobble with a tight front end and tires were the issue. Sounds crazy , but worth a look, especially when the tires could have been worn to slack or loose wheel bearings.

34 minutes ago, Powerram said:

How are the front tires looking, , any cupping, scallops or uneven wear? Have you tried rotating front tires to the rear and the backs on the front? Once had an issue with death wobble with a tight front end and tires were the issue. Sounds crazy , but worth a look, especially when the tires could have been worn to slack or loose wheel bearings.

I keep bugging him to do that with the tires, lol.  :1008:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Quick update!

1. Have removed the vw shifters from the Jeep and installed factory back

2. Have ordered new Pro Comp Shocks. Installed the rears only so far

3. Skyjacker quick disconnects for sway bars installed

4. New clutch ordered and being installed on the 24th

5. Two new axle ujoints ordered, if delivered on time installed on the 24th

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the two axle joints and clutch installed. IN the process the Slave cylinder was found to be leaking and the front shaft Ujoint was shot. 

Went into Chrysler and confirmed drive shaft is under warranty, just going to confirm the slave and PS pump then should be about done

• 8 months later...

So an update on the Jeep.

had an incident March 22nd where I went off the road on thw highway during the snow storm. Rear fender is now zip tied on.

sway bar lost a bolt for thw disconnect, replaced and sway bar reconnected

Front shocks finally fully replaced. Have had them for too long before the install.

It now drives so much better, next is a windshield, rear brakes, emergency break, front axle seals, front right ABS sensor. List never ends lol

Also had the slave cylinder, driveshaft, PS Pump, shimmy shock and a tie rod replaced under warranty. 

Fart can removed and magnaflow muffler installed and going to be relocated this summer

Nope nothing more, was an interesting evening. Was going too fast on the highway lol. Getting the maintenance done for sure, then I will be looking at getting another winch bumper

• 4 months later...

Archived