• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2011 Jeep Wrangler Build

TomWood

This was the mid width bumper, was about 5' long so you shouldn't have any issues. They have done rear bumpers that are quite a bit longer/taller as well. I believe David has quite a large oven for this.

Anyone looking for info give him a call, really good to deal with and has information at the ready.

http://www.tricountykustomz.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TriCountyKustomZ

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not necessarily thinking about Tom's comfort, but you can loose tools and small parts easily on the ground! I had a big canvas tarp for years that I used and loved it. It was from a canvas tent I found abandoned on a hill side in BC in 1980 when I was working in the mountains!

Winch install should be easy as hell. It sits on the top of the bumper, the fog lights are in the center console at the moment and going in on Saturday, along with the winch :)

Needs to come off for the fog lights anyways lol

Winch install should be easy as hell. It sits on the top of the bumper, the fog lights are in the center console at the moment and going in on Saturday, along with the winch :)

Needs to come off for the fog lights anyways lol

Do you have access underneath to bolt the winch down with the bumper on?

Yes, you can actually get under enough to access the holes which is nice. Where I need to remove it for the fog lights we will mount the winch before putting the bumper back on.

I really love the design and quality of the Black Widow Gear bumper. Will be buying their rear bumper for the JK when funds start coming back.

• 4 months later...

colonel angus

(noun): A double entendre, can be a proper noun referring to a military officer whose last name is Angus, or the act of eating out ******. Originating from a sketch on Saturday Night Live, said quickly, becomes a homophone of cunilingus. Usually said with a thick Southern US accent for heightened effect. Can refer to someone (usually a man), who enjoys performing cunilingus.
When a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Been a while since I updated. Have had two tires replaced under warranty, replaced wheel bearings, brakes and now have death wobble. It's going into APJs in a week to be diagnosed then see if I can get warranty replacement parts :) 

Archived