• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

alaska offroad warriors

My04T4R

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen the second show yet. In general I do like the show, although there is some obvious silliness, and vehicle spec diagrams had some inconsistencies. Mullets, driving through streams, and the like.

I wonder if there are supply drops, or are they supposed to be self sufficient for many days straight?

So it would have been filmed in the summer. Say 2014. Just when we were doing our much smaller scale M.U.D. run.

I look forward to next summer!

• 3 weeks later...

I have watched all of them on Youtube so far. It's a whole different show if you follow the thread on Pirate4x4 too. Carl Jantz (Super JP builder/driver) provides a lot of insight and explanation of stuff, along with the Rover guys (more so Polack (Rover passenger), but they haven't contributed much of late. Plus I am a member of the FB page too that Bill City (War Wagon) started, that has Rich Rudman (Super JP co-pilot), Pete & Shay, and Jason(Rover driver) contributing now and then. Carl provides the most on Pirate though...

I'd take this :

Or just SFA my front axle, jack the rear up and take it on through with some bigger tires. The body on the Eagle is what gave life to the XJ, and the Eagle frame is extreme overkill for strength. Of course...I do have a new fuel injected 4.0, AW4,NP242 and a 8.25 sporting 3.54 rockin under it now ;)

I enjoy the show, my wife and kids watch it all together. I'm rooting for war wagon.

Pick a route where people would actually cook meals instead of getting timmies. It would be hard to find trails that dont go across main roads for a couple but it would be really cool to actually not go in town... Real camping with a good bunch of folks who love wheeling

Archived