• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Pipeline to Porters Lake

SQRLPWR

Enter the Pipeline from the usual entrance, you come to an opening;

Right is Myra

Left is the 'Pipeline'

Straight on is ? - IDK if anyone has run this trail, Derek and I ran it for a little while and it looks like it 'could' reach Porters Lake....but we gave up as we didn't know if it was in protected land.

You'd have to give me a GPS track of where you were. Pipeline starts at two entrances, and there is Rocky Myra and muddy Myra. Basically only Rocky and Muddy reach back tp Porters Lake to my knowledge and I know the area quite well, but not perfect and things do change!

You were on 'Rocky Myra', the rocky route to Myra Road, at Porter's Lake. If you went to the right instead of left on the pipeline there are a couple swings back to the Old Guysborough Road, they could be nice short routes if they aren't blocked at the other ends.

oh ok thanks :)

...we thought right was Myra. I can see now on Bing Maps, that right turn could end up on Aerotech Drive.

BTW, I know know if you knew, but with a Microsoft account you can import the GPX's into Bing Maps, then get a really fantastic Birds-Eye view...much better than Google Earth :)

oh ok thanks :)

...we thought right was Myra. I can see now on Bing Maps, that right turn could end up on Aerotech Drive.

BTW, I know know if you knew, but with a Microsoft account you can import the GPX's into Bing Maps, then get a really fantastic Birds-Eye view...much better than Google Earth :)

Do you get satellite photo of the map with Bing Maps?

yeah...Renfrew looks pretty decent too on MS..probably out of date tho

I can see from the Bing map satellite photo when it was taken by looking at my house... Leaves on the trees and no siding yet... Then zoom over to where I was working at the that time in Dartmouth and I see my truck and trailer parked at the house that we were working on when my house got sided. The photo was taken within a week of my house getting sided, so about the second week of July, 2008 B) .

I can see from the Bing map satellite photo when it was taken by looking at my house... Leaves on the trees and no siding yet... Then zoom over to where I was working at the that time in Dartmouth and I see my truck and trailer parked at the house that we were working on when my house got sided. The photo was taken within a week of my house getting sided, so about the second week of July, 2008 B) .

My area is from the end of July 2011. I can see deck framing (no deck boards), a tree that I removed after building the deck, and 2 houses that were build that summer. One has a dozer levelling the lot, so with quite a bit of accuracy it was the last week of July 2011 as I always take the last week of July - first week of August every year. I finished my deck before the end of the month (July) ;)

Jay, you were on Rocky (as above). That is the trail that left a golf ball sized dent in my lower oil pan. First trail I ran with the club in 2009, and the reason for the lift, skids, bumpers, CB, tires....

• 3 weeks later...

Those side trails near aerotech are a lot of fun, there is lots of mud in some of them even when pipeline is dry.

Muddy Myra would lead to porters lake but there is a pretty nasty crossing. Eugene knows which one I m talking about, there are 2 possible spots to go across. I would only try it if I had someone with a winch and that doesn't care a whole lot about his rig. I have 34s and I would still smash my truck on those rocks

I was thinking about trying it with a couple game people and run a few trails out that way for a summer camping trip. Something like rum rocky myra from porters lake to the airport then run muddy Myra all the way back to porters lake. I know of 2 other fun trails in that area too

Archived