• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Reclaim the Renfrew - Sunday Nov. 16th

sar4x4

I am planning on 'Reclaiming' some portions of the Renfrew Road that folks have stopped using because there are good quality forestry roads running parallel and only a few meters away. There are several sections, anywhere from 50m to 150m long each. (Memory only, I'm not looking at a map.) Remember, the Renfrew Road is a public right-of-way! Maybe we could get BF Goodrich Trail Maintenance grant money! Well, I'll start with just cutting some trees!~

Some of these reclaimed sections may make for fun wheelin', other sections wouldn't be very exciting. But I want to keep the history of the road going. They will also make for good 4x4 rally routes, etc.

I am suggesting a work party for a single day any weekend in November except this first weekend.

The work is to cut small trees, maybe up to 3-5" in diameter. Mostly young hardwood iirc. I don't care how many folks come out, I'm perfectly willing to cut alone (with a safety plan), but I'm asking if anyone has any preferences because they want to come out and help.

And of course depending on time of day, etc, a run through the slippery spots and the rock ledge would likely happen!

Any Thoughts or weekend / Saturday or Sunday preferences?

i might have to go away for a month for work mid november but its not confirmed yet. i'm going to cut a trail to my piece of land and all the way to the lake next weekend ( the mrs. is not too impressed because it might be my last weekend home before christmase :P )

if i dont go away for a month, i'm definitely in on that. i could come with 2 friends who also have chainsaws

Don't give up Tyler(?)! We hadn't set a date at all!

My brother needs the saw the 8-11, and I now a family commitment the 22-23 soooooooooooo.......

I'm suggesting watching weather for either the 15-16 at this time!

Eugene, do you guys need a crash course on where to put the fuel and where to put the bar oil hahahaha

that lil chainsaw was smoking worse than a beat up honda with bad rings

Shhhhh. Somebody got a little excited and wasn't paying attention. Then I didn't know how much was in there and said dilute it with fuel....

It's been running great once it was all burned out! Cut a half cord of wood one day.

Time to make a decision!

Trail head - Monta Vista Road and Renfrew Road - 10:00 - 10:15 am (will check names / post coords later today)

Optional:

8:45 at Irving Big Stop for breakfast. I will be there, please drop by if you are interested!

9:50 Leave Irving Big Stop

Jay - You coming to breakfast or at least the Big Stop? I'm going to print a couple of maps of the Work Area and routes to get there.

If I'm driving the Rogue, I probably won't go in from Monta Vista, but from the campground, the road is much better. I'd get you to lead the group from Monta Vista. Alternatively and additionally, I can post maps here. Hmm! We have 5 4wd trucks and I have none to drive this weekend! lol

Archived