• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Onboard air

derekmac

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know where you got that compressing a gas makes it cold, but you raise the temperature when you compress gas. on ship we use coolers to cool the air down as we have massive high pressure compressure ( 2800 psi ) .

Sorry Jonathan, I had it backwards (it's only been 23 years since physics class :P )...

So as you stated before compressing air heats it up but releasing makes it cold, so wouldn't air tools always use cold air?

Yup

Well I just about have the install completed, just waiting for a couple of more things to arrive. On Amazon, it said that the kit came with extra filters (the Viair site doesn't say this) so I emailed them, and they are refunding me $50! :D So this is only costing me $169!!

I would have recommended the longest hose possible, though you can daisy chain them when necessary

Well I just put into exchange the 25' hose for the 50' one. The 25' was long enough, but with the tight coils, it made it "just" long enough. The 50' will work much better I think.

Archived