• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Renfrew

derekmac

On our run through Renfrew on Sunday, we came across quite a bit of heavy machinery, and a ton of work has been put into the main trail roads. There are also quite a few signs about heavy machinery and road work being done. We also came across a pit (not far from the narrow rickety bridge) that they are blasting in.

I'm not sure what this might mean for trail access back there in the future...

On our run through Renfrew on Sunday, we came across quite a bit of heavy machinery, and a ton of work has been put into the main trail roads. There are also quite a few signs about heavy machinery and road work being done. We also came across a pit (not far from the narrow rickety bridge) that they are blasting in.

I'm not sure what this might mean for trail access back there in the future...

Oh No! I like using it for the Rally............. SOMETIMES they are filling in abandoned mine shafts. I'd hate to lose that area! But as far as I know the public road is still a public road. Never know, we may have to lobby to keep it that way!

Yeah, this definitly didn't look like mine maintenance, this was a much bigger operation. Stupid me should have taken some pictures of what they were doing. :facepalm: They've widened a few different sections back there, some went for quite the distance too. I do believe that it is still a public road as well.

Archived