• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Bump & Grind

JKWhoo!

Hey, that would be nice. I've heard there is a trail or two there. And it might fit into the M.U.D. event, so I'd ride with someone to learn the trails there! Someone that knows the area to lead?

I know a guy who is usually game for a day on the trails and he knows those trails well (not to mention most of the land owners... Makes land use permission a non-issue) let me know when you want to explore... And I will see what I can arrange!

Hey we are all forgetting that the bowater lands have been opened up, there is trails for ever and ever and ever, and its not too far from us. I remember last last winter I went by myself and a few friends in my toyota stock height and worn a/t tires I went like 30-40 km in before I called it quits this was in a foot or two of fresh snow at night too :) fun night, I think we should go check out the trails in there, to my understanding Eugene has knowledge of the area?

Adding some info to this one - pulled some land usage maps from the halifax.ca website.

Turns out BnG crosses two maps - Halifax Mainland and Timberlea.

From what I can gather, the entrance is on the Timberlea map and is MR-1 (mixed resource). We then cross the trail into UR (urban reserve).

I can't find the Halifax map which shows where we go from there, but the entrance is detailed in the PDF attached.

TimberleaLakesideBeechville_LUB_ScheduleAZoning.pdf

TimberleaLakesideBeechville_LUB.pdf

off viewpoint, you can get the PID numbers but thats about it. you need access to property online nova scotia :

http://www.novascotia.ca/snsmr/access/land/property-online.asp

it's not cheap though, around 170$ a month i think. the lawyer we got when we bought our piece of land offered me to give me the info he can gather for the properties around ours so we can ask to build a bigger road.

i dont think there are many places where we can get that type of info for free

I have access to the info through work, but our account is a pay per transaction (PID) process, and my boss would say WTF? And to look up any amount of properties you could sit at the computer for hours and hours.

So, it is not something I can supply to the BC club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived