• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Bump & Grind

JKWhoo!

Hi Folks, I took drive out this morning. Sorta going backwards:

1) The trail entrance at the end of Lakeside Park Drive is not readily accessible, it goes through Sysco's gated yard and then through a NSPC gated sub-station of sorts. Permissions and gate keys would not likely be readily available!

2) There is no access at the end of Dominion Crescent. It has guard rails, boulders, small cliffs, and no sign of a trail.

3) The construction underway at the 'current' trail head is temporary for water and/or waste water lines. It is scheduled to be finished by June 2. However it is totally unknown to us what barriers to vehicles may be erected across the trail head upon completion. My thoughts are any previous configuration of Jeeps on the residential road would have had NOTHING to do with these water lines! However, maybe HRM would use the opportunity of heavy equipment in the area to do so. But how often do we really see collaboration between government departments? I've seen them pave a road one week and tear it up for new water lines the next. Going to have to wait this one out!

post-247-0-50011300-1400948455_thumb.jpg

It crosses a walking trail. I'm honestly surprised it has gone on this long without people freaking out about driving over the walking trail.

Agreed. Will be a shame to lose a trail so close to the urban core but there are lots of others a bit further out that have a potential impact on a much smaller population base...

With making the nice access to the multi-use trail, I highly doubt they will make it accessilbe for "full sized" wheelers to access to the trail that we use. Nobody considers that anyway. It looks like it will only be an ATV/mountain bike trail back there now. I think the red plated buggy drivers should go for a spin down the walking path, provided the ATV spring restriction is not in force on the trail. That would be priceless... A bunch of rockcrawlers out on the path :P

I'd be up for more exploring up your way.

Looking at Google Maps, there's tons of trails back Renfrew, and I'm sure there are ones that that could be made into a run. If I get a permission slip, I want to do some exploring back Renfrew way this weekend.

I'd be up for more exploring up your way.

Looking at Google Maps, there's tons of trails back Renfrew, and I'm sure there are ones that that could be made into a run. If I get a permission slip, I want to do some exploring back Renfrew way this weekend.

I have never exited Renfrew the same way the many times we've been ! tons of trails back there.

Gaspereau Valley run soon?

Hey, that would be nice. I've heard there is a trail or two there. And it might fit into the M.U.D. event, so I'd ride with someone to learn the trails there! Someone that knows the area to lead?

Archived